Main Menu

Party Crashing!

Started by Mutt, November 16, 2005, 08:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutt

Quote from: MotorPlow on December 29, 2005, 01:39:11 AM
Here is a little more incentive for the April Party Crash:

http://www.infomatrix.net/Dragon_demo.wmv

It's a trip through the Dragon with the background music set to Queen's "One Vision".

~MP

Interesting choice of music! Was it coincidence?  :)

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

MotorPlow

So... He is actually heading toward the Foothills Parkway and not down through the Dragon? If this is so, I thought those curves weren't very tight.

sangathor

I think you're right, Mutt.  I went through my old pics and here's a shot looking upstream from the dam on the overlook side.  You can see the power lines running in from the left, instead of the right.

Speaking of the resort, here's my favorite picture from there.  Cracks me up, everytime I see it.

Mutt

Yea, the picture of us with our bikes was taken on our first run. We stopped turned around and took a break before heading back toward the resort.

Mutt

MotorPlow

Okay, this is what I got back from Fred at The KickStand Lodge (We have been emailing back and forth this past week):

Ahha!? We're getting to the bottom of this ;-)? I saw the "crash the
party" thread on your bulletin board. It sounds like you guys will be
part of the group!

We really don't have tent sites, just a lot of space to pitch tents.?
There is plenty of space for the Vision Riders to have their own tent
area if that's what they want.? We also have parking space for trailers
if anyone is hauling their rides.

Just today I finished an on line reservation engine.? You can check
availability here:? http://kickstandlodge.com/solunas/demo/index.php

Regards,
Fred & Mo

I also found this on thier new reservation page:
We don't have numbered tent sites at the KSL. We have broken down tent areas to reduce the size of the grid you see when you make a reservation.

All tent space is "first come first served". We included tent space in the reservation engine to help Mo and I keep up with how many people will be here at any given time because every now and then we "cook for the crowd". If you reserve a spot it's likely there will be enough food for you on the table! If you don't you might be on your own at supper time ;-)

There is always room for another tent at the Kickstand Lodge. Don't sweat the reservations!

So, it looks like I will be making a tent/camping reservation at KSL. Camping reservations are $15.00 a night. Mutt and I will be riding down the Blue Ridge Parkway from my house on Thurdsay (4/27) and return on Monday (5/1).

Blake, are you riding down with us?

~MotorPlow

Blake

If i can actually go (wont know for a few weeks until school starts back up).  Then yes i'll be riding the vision down.  I'm pretty sure i will be going, but with school ending the beginning of may, it might be a little crazy.  But i'll definately see if i can squeeze a bike ride in  ;D

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

MotorPlow

sangathor

106 Days, 5 hours and 38 minutes till I leave for the Dragon.

sangathor

Where did you all go?

I made a little video montage of some of our trips over the last 4 years.  Thought you guys might like it.  Plus it gave me an excuse to bump this thread.  ;)

http://media.putfile.com/Warriors-Everywhere-Man23

Coil Coyle

Sang,
           Now that we got you addicted to the site, you might as well get yourself a Vision  ;D
           There a lot cheaper now than they will be on May first when all of the other Warrior Riders start trying to buy one. ;D

coil

Mutt

The CROV and Canadian riders have a contest going on "most riders". We can actually be the spoilers in this. Let's have a strong showing even if it's for only one of the days. Just let us know which day your going to show up, time and where to meet you. The ride is conveniently located on the southern TN, NC line. So riders from Ga, SC, NC, TN, VA, NJ, PA, FL, MI, RI, COME ON DOWN! It's the week of 26 April. PLAN NOW!? :)

Don't make me name names!  :-X

Mutt
EMAIL: xz550@nc.rr.com

ps2/bikevision

man oh man can i possibly make BOTH rides? is it at all possible to ride with the canadians one weekend and ride the dragon the next? more important is will the fund be avalible for both?

i guess now im in a pickle. i hope the weather holds out. would be an awsome week or two for me. i wonder what i can sell to fund this adventure? also new gear will be needed (new tent, bedroll, bags, ect.)

and the most important factor is will the vision hold out till then?

too many questions, too many questions!!

Mutt

Quote from: ps2 on January 25, 2006, 02:18:58 PM
man oh man can i possibly make BOTH rides? is it at all possible to ride with the canadians one weekend and ride the dragon the next? more important is will the fund be avalible for both?

i guess now im in a pickle. i hope the weather holds out. would be an awsome week or two for me. i wonder what i can sell to fund this adventure? also new gear will be needed (new tent, bedroll, bags, ect.)

and the most important factor is will the vision hold out till then?

too many questions, too many questions!!

Sell the old Jimmy for scrap, get a part time job or two until April.? :)

Mutt

ps2/bikevision

selling the jimmy was one of my options, but for scrap noo way. ive got a couple buddys that would buy it for a mudder as it is still a strong runner. ive also been working in indiana hauling campers to pay for the new blazer i bought to replace my jimmy as a trail rig. but true to form i blew the rear main in it a couple weeks ago and now got to try to fix. also i dont got the blazer paid off either.

man when it rains it pours. even thought about selling the blazer but i cant. i just cant do it. as with most of my road blocks i will figure it out most likely at the last min.

and another project that i just got myself into is i got my parents old fifth wheel camper that is rotted out in the back and am chopping the back off and leaving the front. it will make an awsome camper/toy hauler. looks like this project will have to wait awhile. no big hurry. unless i just farm most of the work out to buddys.

Mutt

You could just build on to the back and make a covered area to put your V in so you can tour around the country with your V and camper in tow by the Blazer.  :)

Mutt

ps2/bikevision

well the blazer has got a 355 tbi with headers dual flowmaster exhaust 35" tires and 8" of lift. fuel mileage would suck. alone the blazer gets about 6-8mpg. plus the camper is a fifthwheel. i have to tow it with my dodge. 14.5mpg. with the dodge. mutch better than the blazer. im building the fifthwheel to haul the blazer around. it will also hall numerious other toys depending on the time of year.

next year my brother and some friends are planning a trip to the dragon for honda hoot. we will load the bikes on the fifthwheel and haul them down there. it will have plenty of room for all our bikes plus bunks for sleeping. i dont plan on putting much in the front other than bunks and some room for gear.

good idea though mutt. if the fifthwheel was done it would be the way to go.

MotorPlow

Mutt

It looks like a short distance when you put it on a map. It's a work out! I can't wait. My bike's in the garage in about 75-100 pieces right now. I rode last week and then took it apart again. Maybe this time I won't have too many extra parts left over  ;D.

Mutt

crackerkorean

I hope to have my license and the bike working properly.

Just have to see.

Mutt

Just a reminder,? 73 days left till the dragon!? ;D? I just want to keep this thread in the fore front of everyone's minds.? 28th, 29th and 30th will be the big ride days. I say this time we tour the surronding areas a little more. Definately the Cherohala skyway.? :) 36 miles of sweeping twist and no gas stations.

Some info on the Cherohala skyway.
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/cherohala.html

Mutt