Party Crashing!

Started by Mutt, November 16, 2005, 08:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutt

So they would then be Appalachian "Hillbilly" Americans.

AKA "Damn Yankees"

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

YellowJacket!

Having lived in RI myself, I remember being referred to as "Swamp Yankee" from time to time.  Also, down here in the south, you are a Yankee if you come and visit, a Damn Yankee if you stay.
Hilbilly is a term that is almost never heard around here anymore.  Redneck is used from time to time.  But, believe it or not, most of us folk her in knoxville are of northern descent.
Oh, and Mutt "Appalacian Americans" is losing favor to the more common term "Orthodintically Challenged"   ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Mutt

Quote from: DaveTN on March 31, 2006, 08:59:10 AM
Having lived in RI myself, I remember being referred to as "Swamp Yankee" from time to time.? Also, down here in the south, you are a Yankee if you come and visit, a Damn Yankee if you stay.
Hilbilly is a term that is almost never heard around here anymore.? Redneck is used from time to time.? But, believe it or not, most of us folk her in knoxville are of northern descent.
Oh, and Mutt "Appalacian Americans" is losing favor to the more common term "Orthodintically Challenged"? ?;D

David

That's funny! I have to poke fun at Tennesseens only because I am one (born in Chattanoooooga)!? Yep, I'm a hillbilly at heart but, not a redneck. Of course living in North Carolina and poking fun at Tennessee is like the kettle calling the pot black. Luckily I live in a metro area so we are a little bit edumakated. We just put the new "North Carolina Edumakation Lottery" on line yesterday. Either you get edumakated or get poor trying!? :)

One thing's for sure. Those orthodonically challenged appalachians have some great moorcycle roads.

Mutt

Night Vision

Also, down here in the south, you are a Yankee if you come and visit, a Damn Yankee if you stay.

eeyup.... I moved to North Cackalacky back in the early eighties, spent 8 years in Raleigh area and was always a Damn Yankee

Luckily? ;) , wifie got bit by a tick, got lymes disease so we had to move back "home".? She thinks she's ok, but I say she got "cranky pants" from that tick? >:(
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

MotorPlow

But, believe it or not, most of us folk her in knoxville

Wow, I wonder if that will lead to inbreeding.

Mutt

Quote from: MotorPlow on March 31, 2006, 09:46:17 AM
But, believe it or not, most of us folk her in knoxville

Wow, I wonder if that will lead to inbreeding.

Remember the movie braveheart? New spin on the yankees taking over......

"If we can't get those hillbillys out, we'll breed em out".? :D

Mutt

Lucky

ok..i tend to try & keep this quiet because it doesn't sound right, but it applies:

My father & my wifes mother are married.

that makes my wife & I step brother & sister.

& my kids confused!

Yes, my wife & I were married first, & our parents are well into their 70's.. but when they told us they were getting married, i distincty remember thelling them "Great!! now we have to move to Tennessee!!"

how prophetic....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Mutt

Welcome to a Tennesee wedding, cake and all. I know this guy's name is Lucky. You know how I know? Just look at that nice trailer and hot chick. She even comes with a muffin already in the oven. And check out the state of the art security system at his feet. The guy looks like Joe Dirt.

Good Luck in TN Lucky.

Mutt

Lucky

Did i say Tennessee?.. Er..Uh.. i mean't.. California.   Yeah, that's it..
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

QBS

Mutt where in the world did you get those pictures?! From a satirical standpoint they are just too real to have been staged.  I love the detailed touches ie her filp flops and cigarette and don't even get me started on the wedding cake.  It all is just too good to not be real....And thats really scarey.   Too much!  Thanks for sharing.  Cheers.

In a similar vein...If anyone is ever in Arkansa, don't get too far off the beaten path without at least 100 miles of gas in the tank.  Been there.

Mutt

Quote from: QBS on April 01, 2006, 08:23:51 AM
Mutt where in the world did you get those pictures?! From a satirical standpoint they are just too real to have been staged.? I love the detailed touches ie her filp flops and cigarette and don't even get me started on the wedding cake.? It all is just too good to not be real....And thats really scarey.? ?Too much!? Thanks for sharing.? Cheers.

In a similar vein...If anyone is ever in Arkansa, don't get too far off the beaten path without at least 100 miles of gas in the tank.? Been there.

The pictures came out of my family photo album. That's my twin brother and the girl is my first cousin.  ;D

Mutt

YellowJacket!

[

The pictures came out of my family photo album. That's my twin brother and the girl is my first cousin.? ;D

Mutt

Um, ok... I was going to say the couple was from Arkansas.  We have enough respect for ourselves here in TN not to wear mullets.  The flip flops are a bit much though.  Usually its "barefoot and pregnant" so they can't be from around these parts.   ::)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Mutt

Quote from: DaveTN on April 01, 2006, 03:25:00 PM
[

The pictures came out of my family photo album. That's my twin brother and the girl is my first cousin.? ;D

Mutt

Um, ok... I was going to say the couple was from Arkansas.? We have enough respect for ourselves here in TN not to wear mullets.? The flip flops are a bit much though.? Usually its "barefoot and pregnant" so they can't be from around these parts.? ?::)

David

Well....I hope everyone knows I'm kidding about the guy being my twin brother. Actually we look nothing alike. He got the looks and I got the braings.  ::)

Mutt

Brian Moffet

Mutt where in the world did you get those pictures?! From a satirical standpoint they are just too real to have been staged.  I love the detailed touches ie her filp flops and cigarette and don't even get me started on the wedding cake.  It all is just too good to not be real....And thats really scarey.   Too much!  Thanks for sharing.

The one with the bride and groom was photoshopped, if you look you can see some major problems with lighting, border issues, the pregnant belly was put on using a warp tool.

The wedding cake looks real though :-)

Brian

Mutt

Quote from: DirtyVision on April 02, 2006, 12:37:55 PM
Mutt where in the world did you get those pictures?! From a satirical standpoint they are just too real to have been staged.? I love the detailed touches ie her filp flops and cigarette and don't even get me started on the wedding cake.? It all is just too good to not be real....And thats really scarey.? ?Too much!? Thanks for sharing.

The one with the bride and groom was photoshopped, if you look you can see some major problems with lighting, border issues, the pregnant belly was put on using a warp tool.

The wedding cake looks real though :-)

Brian

She was pregnated by a tool? Ok.....that works I guess.? ::) Sorry, just digressing a bit. I guess either way, someone must have used a tool on her!? :-X? ::)

Mutt

Mutt

23 days, 8 hours, 11 minutes, 10 seconds.

Mutt

MotorPlow

156 replies to this post...
This is going to be a good meet.
The Dragon Awaits.

sangathor

Well in just three weeks, I'm loading my bike up with gear and heading down to The Dragon.  The bike is finally ready for the year with a few new items.  Including rear tire #8, front tire #3, new Samson pipes,  fresh oil, sparkplugs, cables lubed and Brake Away Cruise Control added.  Spent last weekend thoroughly cleaning it and putting on the finishing touches.  Sunday I finally got to go for the first ride of the season and took the camera with me.  She still cleans up pretty good for a 4 year old bike.

Anyway, I appreciate you guys letting me hang here and chat with you.  I look forward to meeting you guys down there.  Ride safe.

http://www.topeuro.co.uk/blagger/the_duel.html

MotorPlow

I guess this is the competition that Fred & Mo were talking about when we were at the Kickstand. It's a little more upscale for me for a place I am not going to be at during the day as I would be out riding...

http://www.twinvalleyriders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2885#2885

(This is from my local MC Club)

sangathor

Quote from: MotorPlow on May 24, 2006, 12:26:27 PM
I guess this is the competition that Fred & Mo were talking about when we were at the Kickstand. It's a little more upscale for me for a place I am not going to be at during the day as I would be out riding...

http://www.twinvalleyriders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2885#2885

(This is from my local MC Club)

Yeah, I've been there three years ago.  It was just up the road at the next intersection (towards the Dragon).  If you turn right, it ends up behind the Kickstand, across the creek and past the cow pasture.  It's a real nice place and the owners are very nice, but I prefer the laid back accomodations of Fred and Mo.  I will go back and stay with them again, without a doubt.

Have you guys seen some of the videos and pics we've been putting together?  We uploaded about 17 gb of pics and videos to one of our members.  He is compiling it into a dvd.  But for now has posted up a few here:

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38938

So, I don't know about you guys but I'm ready to go back now!!  ;D