News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Aprilia dualsport/supermotard

Started by supervision, November 23, 2005, 08:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supervision

Have you guys seen the latest pictures of the soon to be for sale bikes these people are bringing out?  Towtitly bitchen!      Supervision
" border="0

Blake

Havent seen the 2006's yet but if it's anything like the 2004's i was drooling over...  Has to be hot!

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Wallpaper/Aprilia/supermoto/supermoto_2004_rhs_1024.jpg

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

supervision

Yeah, that's the one the soon comming street legal motard and dualsport    there's  pictures on Aprilia.com     They had that race bike on display a the  U.S.  Moto GP,  I  got real close to it, very trick piece for sure.   The headpipes collected into a volumne chamber which doulbed as the inner fender. curved and all!    Supervision
" border="0

glennw

Half Mad Max

supervision

Thanks for the link, glennw, thats the the best write-up yet. Sure has some awsome specs.  $8,500 is what I heard... That thing has got to be soo light, strong and powerfull.    Trevor's been busy with school, but I rode both bikes last Sunday ten miles or so, just to warm them up.  They still have the road wash from Kingman, reminded me of the major blast!!  we had.    Dave
" border="0

h2olawyer

Pretty cool.  The main problem I see is the minimal fuel capacity of 7.8 litres.  That's less than half of what the Vision holds.   About 2 gallons means a small cruising range.  Still, going through those 2 gallons looks like it would be loads of fun!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

VisionMeister

Check out the bore and stroke numbers.
Exactly the same as the Vision (80 x 55).
What a coincidence that 23 years later these would be used.
Yamaha must have been on to something when they first designed the Vision.
Too bad the modern materials and attention to detail in the high tech design weren't available in 82.
40 mm throttle bodies on the fuel injection
One piece upper case and cylinders.
77 degree spread without a counterbalancer.
And look at that chassis (drool)
Make you want to trade in your Silverado to get one.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: VisionMeister on December 07, 2005, 05:30:32 PM
Check out the bore and stroke numbers.
Exactly the same as the Vision (80 x 55).
What a coincidence that 23 years later these would be used.

Okay, who's going to get a set of pistons from this new puppy and see if th work in a vision engine?

Brian

glennw

A fule injected V twin dirt bike....
I love the it...I've seen the future and it works....to wit...
I remember my 65 Ducati 250 4 stroke single... back then (1969) everybody was going to a two stroke....I could climb just about anything with that bevel drive cam Duc....
now just about everybody rides a 4 stroke single off road..... Hummm....
I guess the Italian's are just ahead of there time... :P
GlennW
Half Mad Max