News:

Main Menu

another visionary

Started by Blurred Vision, December 19, 2005, 06:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blurred Vision

here's my freshly painted vision not too shabby for a garage paint job.
Jay

MotorPlow

WOW! That looks great. I really like the black swingarm!

Extent

Hey that's some nice work.  I really like the look of the bike with the exhaust on one side, it's just a shame that the driveshaft wasn't on the right side of the bike.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

ps2/bikevision

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
? ? I LOVE IT !!!

that looks awsome jay. totally awsome. ive been working on elimination the license plat bracket as well. it really gives it a modern sport bike look. and the relocantion of the turn signials gives me some more ideas for mods to mine.

dont hate me if i copy you a little.

Blurred Vision

I love this little bike. It was free with 11000 km when I resurected it from a storage shed. I had to replace the tank, and I've probably got the last one in Canada that will hold gas.
Jay

Tiger

Nice job Jay,nice job.I chopped the rear fender and fabricated a bracket for the licence plate.Where in Canada are you??????????John
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Superfly

Nice Paint job!  I have been having some fun painting them also.  I like what you did with the rims.  Did you clear coat them also?
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Blake

Definately a nice bike.

Looks very streamlined!  especially with the black-out theme going on!

Welcome aboard

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Blurred Vision

I'm in southwestern Ontario, St Thomas to be exact.

I did clear coat the rims after a couple coats of Canadian tire charcoal metallic paint. Lots of sanding, and then more sanding. And then 3 coats of canadian tire  $ 6.99 clear coat.

It looked to me like a bike that should be black maybe it's cause i'm only 28 and favour the modern street bike style, and flat black covers every little imperfection.

I've invested in some airbrush stencils and hope to improve upon my current paint job.

Here's what I started with
Jay

Tiger

WOW,what a change.The original  neglected old girl after a face lift.Stand proud for a job well done.Squid,me & hopfully a few more are going to the bike show in January,if you can come let me know.You can show of your photographs.

I'm up in Erin,15 min's south of Orangeville.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Superfly

Unfortunately, alot of our bikes started out that way!  Mine did!

Lucky

Dirtyvision would be proud!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Superfly

I think he DV considers "Dirty" a bad word... I think he likes "Patina-Vision"
:D

Blurred Vision

I would like to get ahold of a 83 lower  Fairing. Not the top headlight section, just the bottom.
Jay

Tiger

Try'Zdeno Cycles,Kitchener. (519) 745-7010 or www.zdenocycle.ca     They have several Visions in various states of strip down and all the good plastic is kept inside. John    p.s. I was in Home Hardware,St,Thomas about 3 weeks ago on business!!!

Tiger

OOOOP's  :-[ you can also try;Sonic Cycle Salvage.2690,Dundas Street East,London.On.N5V 3C9.Phone #(519) 659-7833. or www.soniccycle.com Contact;Paul Quittkat.They are obviously closer to you.? John

Blurred Vision

I got my tank from Zdeno, I never asked about plastic.

Do I need the mounting bracket/frame to attach only the bottom fairing.
Jay

Lucky

The lowers attach by the 2 screws on each side of the upper fairing, then there are 2 brackets, one on each side that bolt into the engine mount thru bolt (you have to pull it)
the left bracket also has an adapter & extention tube that fits where the oil fill tube is.  be careful there are 2 sizes of fill caps because some of the late 82's were retro fitted with fairings, & all the 83's had them stock.  you may need to swap over the left side cover (you'll have it off eventually for the stator clutch bolts).

the lower brackets, by themselves are VERY hard to come by...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

ps2/bikevision

hey jay i noticed a little cansiter mounted on the frame, what is that?

Blurred Vision

Not sure what your looking at, If it's near the petcock it's an inline fuel filter. Really don't want to pay for another carb job!
Jay