82 Vision Valve Despair

Started by Cougar Dave, December 24, 2005, 07:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cougar Dave

I did a quick search of the site, but didn't find an answer.  I apologize if this is an old question.  My engine sat unused for a few years.  All four valves in the rear cylinder rusted, and are pitted beyond repair.  I'm having no luck in finding replacements.  The repair shop says the seats can be re-cut but they can't find valves.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Lucky

Replace the head assembly. good used engines/parts can be found on the cheap here, in the Swap Shop, & on Ebay

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tdub

Might not be a bad idea to replace the valve springs as well.
For those that might be interested. R&D Spring now offers a complete kit to convert your shim over bucket system to a shim under bucket. It uses the 9.5mm shims that the YZF and CRF use. Tdub
Always Looking for the Next Race

Lucky

Keep in mind, we don't have the contacts you do... is that R & D spring in Chino Ca? (googled)

we could allways use contact info/part number for any of the goodies you come up with..

Thanks, --Lucky

(it's 10:59 Xmas eve, i'm still getting dinner ready for tomorrow (i'm making a crown Pork Roast) and waiting for the kids to fall asleep so 'Santa' can put presents under the tree. Santa will then crash out in bed next to my wife...)

--L

Blake

Yeah,

Any info you can provide us would be a great help T-Dub.  A phone number, who to talk to...  I'd be willing to call all those places up just to get part numbers / prices to try and see if we cant help them out a little for helping us.

Thanks,

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Kevin

my kids are 19 & 16, I can remember staying up most of the night putting together tricycles & jurassic park toys then about daylight, WAKEUP!!!! Kevin C.

Lucky

it's 12:30 & i'm still up.  the boys are now 10 & 13 (Oh God help me! 13!!!) & they know better, but we, & they, prefer not to admit the truth.  plus I can lock them out of the living room where the tree is, so they don't get to peek 'till mom & Dad have coffee brewed. <Evil Grin>

Blake

Quote from: Lucky on December 25, 2005, 12:30:53 AM
it's 12:30 & i'm still up.  the boys are now 10 & 13 (Oh God help me! 13!!!) & they know better, but we, & they, prefer not to admit the truth.

Truth????!!!??  What truth Lucky.   What are you trying to say?  you mean... hes... 

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Theres one more dream gone :(

Blake  ;D

P.S.  1:35 and im still waiting up for the guy in the big red suit to come..haha
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Lucky

kiawrench

blake ,, santa was late to your place due to making a trip through dixie,,, right now 7 happy rednecks are grilling reindeer tenderloins and making woodline hash,,, lol
truth is, santa retire just prior to visiting blake's place !

glad both my girls are in college,,, uh wait ,, tuition due soon,,, maybe i better stop typing, have to make more money, tuition,books, lab fees, more snack food credit card bills,,,,, dar nin!! , there went my channukah .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .