News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

New Maps

Started by admin, December 31, 2005, 01:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

as some of you know we were having some problems with the member maps
on the site,  after playing around with it for a few hours and some research
I found that we could make use of google for this.
so I'm announcing a new version of the member maps powered by google earth.
the unfortunate part is that everyone wil need to place their pin again ( sorry guys )
the cool part is that you can zoom down to the street level with satelite pictures
and marked roads etc. 
check it out !!

-Ron

Extent

Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

Coil Coyle

Thanks, Ron. Happy New Year.
Extent, ours is under yours, if your riding up 1 give me a mail and we might get in a ride together.
;)
coil

Tiger

:)Superb Ron !!! 1st Canadian on the new map 8).Happy New Year.John
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

dang, I lost my night vision avitar "googles" :-\ after I changed profile. now where did I find that pic.....?

whew, found it again. saved it this time

ya know, this is just a little bit scary, I think I'll move my pin a wee bit.
there, now we can meet up at McDonalds? :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Mutt

Yippee! Map party at my house!? ::) First entry in North Carolina! Actually I may be the only entry.

Hey Coil, I've been by your house several times. Too bad I didn't know of you then. I was stationed at Alameda (Coast Guard) and would do my get-aways by going hiking in General Armstrong Forrest. I always went through Guerneville to get there. What's the little town that's on a river where you cross over the bridge and look down on a beach? You live in a beautiful area with great riding roads. I used to leave Guerneville on the way back out and head to Jenner then down 1 to Pt. Reyes to visit a friend there. I enjoyed that area.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Coil Coyle

Mutt,
       West is Monte Rio, the Pink Elephant Bar is over the bridge.
I ride 116 to work every night, thats the roafd south over the bridge paralel to the Green Iron bridge at the bottom of Armstrong Woods Road.
       Since I'm going to work until I can't, I retired to Guerneville, found a company I love to work for and the ride daily is just iceing on the cake.
       Hope you can ride out sometime...
;)
coil

tremalzo

WOW!

European Vision on the map. Happy new year to all.

Frans

Blake

Wow..

Google earth is great.  Ive been playing with it the past week-looking at past houses I;ve lived at.  oddly enough most have been replaced with newer houses (footprints didnt look the same.)   But on that note..wow..never knew I was so close to DC (new place as of this summer).

Too bad they dont do high resolution of rural areas..though  :(

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Walt_M.

I've placed my pin, as close as I could get it anyway. By the way, Happy New Year!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Lucky

if your in an urban artea you should be able to put it right on your roof.  just use the navagation buttons on the upper left to zoom in to your spot.  then tack your pin.  for rual areas you won't get so close.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Superfly

North Hollywood in the house!!!!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.