News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Vision Digest Online!

Started by Lucky, December 31, 2005, 03:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Happy New Year all!

I have a New Years treat for you all, for the last month several of us have been working on creating a new Ezine website:
the Vision Digest
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzernw5a/thevisiondigest/
This will be a monthly Ezine just for you guys.

I hope you all enjoy it & find it usefull.
Thanks to H2olawer, Tdub, Kevin Clinton & this months contribution from louthepou!

Your comments & suggestions are welcome & encouraged. visiondigest@verizon.net

Enjoy! --Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

MotorPlow

Incredible!
Once again, "Lucky Genius".
I added the link to my website.

Lucky

You know, it's really not a genius thing, really, if i can do it, anyone (except my technophobic father) can do it.  it's just either a matter of having the time, or making the time by ignoring the children...   ;D

Kiwi_XZ

Well done Lucky!? Great ezine, congrats to you and your team.? I have downloaded my copy for future reference.

Cheers - Shane
I'll fix it, pass me a bigger hammer!

kiawrench

Lucky,,
     the 'zine is something else,, too bad had that picture of really ugly short guy in there, lol.

All in all,, was a great first run, looks and reads like a bike rag should,, easy to understand from any point of view. Now if i can just get Craig Vetter to drop a few lines to you on the fairings he did for the Vision, all 3 . ( he did the quicksilver, the rooster, and a student did  "shark nose" we are all so happy to get when we first hunt fairings) . Guess  the hunt is on for the seat top backrest and glove box combo .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Night Vision

Quote from: kiawrench on December 31, 2005, 05:30:10 PM
too bad had that picture of really ugly short guy in there,

[which one?? ;)] I liked being able to finally put faces to the user names. Hopefully we'll all meet face to face in '07.?

super job... looks like I'm going to have to add another "subscription" to my mags

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Great job everyone!  I Like!
Could itbe part of ROV? THen crossl link to major vision sites?  That would solve the hosting issue.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

ShaneSpring

Awesome job Lucky, it's another great resource and i'm looking forward to all the future articles

Lucky

Dave, Ron & I have allways kept our sites seperate, that's just the way it is. no anamosity or anything. (plus he can spell, i can't, lol)

I can't believe i got Tdub to write for me every month!
& H2o & Kevin to edit!

Tdub

Lucky, you done good! Thanks for letting me be part of it. Tdub
Always Looking for the Next Race

QBS

Tdub, Thank you for becoming a part of us.  Your input , experiance and interest add wonderful depth and color to our group.  Hope you and the Memphis Shade team have great new year. Cheers.

vavision

Great work guys. I love it, makes owning the Vision seem more reputable now that it has it's own newsletter  ;)
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

kiawrench

ROFLMAO!!

Many of us ride in almost any weather, wrapped like mummies when it's cold,
we haunt boneyards to see if someone may have dropped another parts bike in,
we stalk e-bay sellers over information and shipping,
we have to argue with vehicle registration because of the 10 digit/17 digit serial number thing,
we can stop in the middle of a cross country ride just to log in and see if there is anything new on the forum

and the new news letter in going to make us feel reputable?

hmm,,, i think you are right, i do feel like we all just took another step up the food chain(maybe 2)
great call vavision!
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

louthepou

Great job indeed folks. What a great way to start the year.

Makes winter go by a bit faster...

(those who are still riding at this time of year, please stop smiling!  :'( )

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Lucky

Quote from: vavision on January 01, 2006, 10:21:03 AM
Great work guys. I love it, makes owning the Vision seem more reputable now that it has it's own newsletter ;)

Actually,  All this, Ron's website, my website & now the Digest all stem from a humble little newsletter printed on paper (yes paper) called simply "Riders of VISION Newsletter" in November of 1985 by Paul Robinette who was asked to continue the efforts of Tom McKaskle who wrote Cycle Magazine after their April '85 issue & mentioned he'd like to see a club for Vision owners.

this is where we have evolved to.

I have the first 12 issues & will scan them someday... (no, I am not an original member)

--Lucky

Tiger

Congratulations :) to you ALL on a superb job.Form a circle and give each other a pat on the back :o(Shoulder ::) high!!!).I'm looking forward to the Ontario ride already as well as the next issue of a great magazine.Keep up the good work.   TigerJohn.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Mutt

Quote from: louthepou on January 01, 2006, 03:02:11 PM
Great job indeed folks. What a great way to start the year.

Makes winter go by a bit faster...

(those who are still riding at this time of year, please stop smiling!? :'( )

Lou

I'm smiling on the inside!  :) 64 degrees and sunny today. Short ride though after cleaning up from a house party last night.

Nice lay out for the ezine Lucky! I look forward to submitting some useful input.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Coil Coyle

Lucky,
? ? ? ? ? That's a great concept you got going.? ?:)

? ? ? ? ? On the posts from here that quoted me, you misspelled
my last name.? ? ?:'(? ? ? My last name is spelled Coyle.

? ? ? ? ? I'll try to do a ride article for you by spring. Keep up the good work.
8)
coil

Lucky

sorry.. all fixed.
i'll update the archives at the end of the month as well.

--Lucky

Glyn

Good one Lucky.

I'd be keen to do a short article on me/the bike etc. I'm just a backyard mechanic however compared to all you engineers out there. If you get desperate for material (and I doubt that), I'll give my 5c.

It's good to see what people look like after all the communications.

Excellent concept lucky and Co designers. It  makes owning such a challenging motorcycle worthwhile seeing the effort you all put in.

It's still cool to pull up at the bike shop on a running Vision, the mechanics here can't believe they still exsist they're so rare here.