Ontario Spring Ride(OnROV)

Started by Tiger, January 09, 2006, 06:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blurred Vision

I almost went out today, roads were dry but of coarse it had to snow. Maybe tommorrow.
Jay

Brian Moffet

Hmm ,and you have more pages to your thread as well ;-)

Just to show off, today I fired up the Vision, the temperature when I left (about 9:00 am) was about 55 degrees.  I rode down to Watsonville CA (about 25 minutes south of me) where I met some other people I know at the airport.  We stood around chatting and drinking coffee in the heated hangar, and around 10:30 went out to fly.  The sky was absolutely clear, though we only had 7 miles visibility because of haze. 

Flying att 2000 feet in the air above the Pacific Ocean, I saw below me in the water a whale headed north.  The temperature was 58 degrees.  Patches of fog below me, clear sky above and ahead.   I turned south again after checking the Elephant Seals over Ano Nuevo state park, and headed south back to Watsonville.  An hour after take-off, I landed the airplane, put it back in the hangar after wiping the oil off, and headed home. The temperature was 65. 

Had a great ride home, though I didn't take any of the side roads off the freeway because I had to get home and mow the lawn.

Brian

(okay, was that too cruel?  ;D )

Tiger

:) Well, for the first time this winter I can finally get the snowmobile out ?:o Will be out to play to-morrow a.m. early ?8) . End of cabin fever in the air, I can smell that two stroker already ?;D If i'm real lucky I'll see some deer, cayote and the like. I'll be out all day having a ball? ;D seeing things in area's you only go to in winter? ;)

Cruel? ::) Not at all. Having no snow? :o that would be cruel? 8)

;D If you can't beat it, yer might as well join it ?8)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? TIGER
[/glow]
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian Moffet

Quote from: TigerJohn on February 11, 2006, 05:50:45 PM
Not at all. Having no snow  :o that would be cruel  8)

ugh, snow.  Bad.  Beer.   Good.

Tiger

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? :o NO NO NO...........Yellow snow UUUUUUUUUGH? ;D

? ;D Snow bank beer cooler............................GOOD? ;)

? ;D BEER..(from snow cooler).........................Real GOOD? ;D

? ;D A bottle of SINGLE MALT SCOTCH.............PRICELESS? :D
? ? ? ?:o Trying to walk the dog before you go to bed......
;D AAAAAAAAAAAHHH......YELLOW SNOW  ;D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

:) ....and yet another quote from our Southern brothers.....

I'm trying to get brother Dwight to ride my spare Vision.
We'll let you know.
If not, maybe I'll ride them both at once...Yeeha!!! That'll show those Canucks.

Don't you just love it when a plan comes to-gether !!!

Blurred Vision

John I've got someone to ride with now but I think this will be an overnighter for me. Was wondering if someone had some room for me.

Secondly, not that I'm overlly conserned about this, but I will probably only have my beginners by the time the ride comes around. I'm not supposed to ride at night, but I don't think I'll be bothered if I'm with a large group of seasoned riders.
Jay

squid

Jay,
I am sorta in the same boat as you, a few years ago I forgot to pay a speeding ticket and got my memory refreshed when the cop informed me my licence was suspended :P, it sucked cause it was in a rough area in the winter with the sled in my truck and had to get a buddy to driveit home. after fighting with the mto to get my licence back they conviently dropped my M which I had since 1994. So when i found that out and tried to get it back, even showing the idiots the supporting documents they are making me start from scratch, that was 4 years ago, so every season i get the learners permit and ride like normal,
Ive been caught at night, and the perfect excuse is, sorry officer but i misjudged the time and I am on my way home or to my buddies for the night ;D
this year is going to be different, im going to take the riders course AGAIN lmao

Blurred Vision

Not sure when the local college is offering the course, probably not til march!
I wasn't on the list of programs for first simester.
It would be mice to have my M1 for the ride. And not that my wife would ride with me but it would be nice to take a passenger...for a rocket ride.
Jay

wolf

Hi Tiger--I realize it's probably way too early for this, ::), but do you have a brief list of motels in the ride area?--sounding too good to just spend one day...wolf.

Blurred Vision

John

Finally got some decent pics of my new paint.
Jay

Blurred Vision

Jay

squid

:D AWESOME!!!!! it looks great, and well done!!! Not only will we have the most visions at the spring ride, we will also have the only flamed out vision too :P

Tiger

:) Cooooooool paint job Jay ?8) . Well worth all the time and effort that you have put into it ?;) . She will sure turn a lot of heads ?:o . Did you paint your helmet to match the V ???? If not, you should bud ?;) .
:) What ever the out come of the challenge ?:P ,we are going to have a great time ?;D with a bunch of terrific people ? :D ?riding some real cool Visions ?8).

Thank-you for all the effort you guys, in aiming to make a super weekend dream into a reality. I'm proud of you all ?;D

Tiger

:) Hi Guys,

Please let me know, A.S.A.P? :P? who needs a bed? :-\? for the Saturday night of the ride week-end? 8) I'll see what I can come up with? ::) as soon as I have the numbers? ;)

We have two at present ; Jays Vision & Wolf? 8). Any-more? ??? LET ME KNOW PEOPLE? :-\
? ? ?? TIGER

squid

Watch what you do with your helmet!!! It is illegal to paint or place stickers on a helmet!!!!! and if the cop is "anti biker" you are up the creek!!! they say paint and sticker affects the integerty of the helment and its impact design,,,,just a word of warning,,,been raked over the coals also for a D.O.T. helmet that had a few rub marks on it,,,, >:(

Blurred Vision

I thought about painting it, I could probably do it before the run. I don't think they'd be able to tell that it's not factory.
Jay

Coil Coyle

Quote from: squid on February 12, 2006, 09:59:45 PM
Watch what you do with your helmet!!! It is illegal to paint or place stickers on a helmet!!!!! and if the cop is "anti biker" you are up the creek!!! they say paint and sticker affects the integerty of the helment and its impact design,,,,just a word of warning,,,been raked over the coals also for a D.O.T. helmet that had a few rub marks on it,,,, >:(

Whoa...
? ? :o? ? ? and I've been thinking the "Peoples Republic of California" was over regulated? ? ? :P? ?
;D
coil

ps2/bikevision

hey tiger ill most likely make a weekend of it. ill bring my tent if its not to cold.

Tiger

:) GUYS, Please read my thread in Goin Ridin' BEFORE you continue.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? TIGER