3rd CROV Spring Run.... April 1 & 2, 2006

Started by glennw, January 15, 2006, 10:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

?
:) GREAT PATCH FOR YOUR RIDE
? ??
:o? NOS VISION POSSE PATCH LATE 80'S EARLY 90'S MINT? 8) E-BAY Item number: 7173973183? ?:-\ 5 IN STOCK? ?8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

gbranche

Quote from: Tiger on March 03, 2006, 11:27:15 PM
?
:) GREAT PATCH FOR YOUR RIDE
? ?? :o? NOS VISION POSSE PATCH LATE 80'S EARLY 90'S MINT? 8) E-BAY Item number: 7173973183? ?:-\ 5 IN STOCK? ?8)
For those of you who, like me, find it impossible to copy the item number out of the scrolling message, here's a direct URL:

EBay item #7173973183

(Rant edited out, for the sake of diplomacy)

Greg

Tiger

Sorry guy's,
NO more "mobile part's posting's"
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

glennw

Half Mad Max

gbranche

I just hope the weather improves in the next couple of weeks. We're still getting snow here in the SF Bay Area (!).

Greg

glennw

Greg...
It snowed right where we are going to be yesterday....
But it had not happened in 15 years...
and this is in Central California.. not Canada... ::)
By next week end it will be nice again!  ;D
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Tiger

:) "I got sunshine on a cloudy day, when its cold outside"... ;D? ? ?:D? ? ?;)? ?

VisionMeister

Glenn,
Looks like Supervision is not going to make it. He's committed to a Vintage Trailer meet.
I am still planning to be there and hopefully will bring the family.
I currently have the radiator off and cams out and am waiting for shims.
I found one of my choke bodies vibrated completely out of the carbs, and the screw we found in the crotch of the motor last spring, held the secondary venturi which was just rattling around loose.
Maybe it'll run better when I get it back together.
I'm also replacing the radiator which appears to have a pinhole leak and of course the Stator which fried on the ride back to Kingman on the fall ride.
I may have someone ride my second V as well.
See you 3-31

glennw

Craig, I'm glad I'm not the only one not ready!
I will be by 3/31 though.
Sorry Dave can't make it..
Bring the family! They will love the area!

That remindes me guys...

How many ladies will be coming? I want to make sure to get them some discount coupons for my friends gift shop in Solvang to use if they are intersted.

Glenn
Half Mad Max

visionless

I've done the starter clutch and PORed the tank.  Still have to swap out the front end and put on new tires, but I will be ready.  As far as the women go, I will be bringing my wife and daughters along.  Scary when you think about it, my 5 year old daughter likes to shop more than my wife.  And she can shop!!!
                      Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

dminor

I did the front end bearings and changed the brake pads. I took the little "V" to work today, runs fine except. The brakes are FUBAR'ed and now I get a tank slapping at high speed. I still don't know if I will make the  spring ride. The retirement is on for the 21st of April, I'm getting that ready. I'll try some other things when I get the time,
Don ???

Brian Moffet

Okay, made a reservation for that weekend.  Whether my wife will be in a car or on the back of my bike is still a question (got to get her Radian fixed...), but we plan on being there, patina and all.

Brian

visionless

Glen,
   Hey it's almost time.  Any info on the roads we will be riding?
                         Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

glennw

Chris, It depends on if we want to take shorter rides or an all day Saturday ride....

Here is one I know would be an all day ride on some great roads....

Some of the guys have mentioned HWY 33...
We could do that... but it would be an all
day deal. Here is how I would do it..
We take the 246 through Santa Ynes over the 154 to Santa Barbara and the 192... (192 is basically a residential mountain road through Santa Barbara & Monticeto)..all the way to Hwy 150. This keep us off the freeway.. mostly low speed twisties... To the end of this point I would say 90 min total.? The 150 takes around you Lake Casitias to the 33 in Ojai. (30 more min). Here is the long part.. for the start of the 33 to the 166 (90-120 min) The only way around goes all the way to the 166... Then we go left all the way back to about 15 miles before Santa Maria and the 101 to what is a neat little mountain road: Tepusquet Canyon. (60-75 min). This runs into Foxen Canyon and drops you back into Los Olivos about 5 miles from Buellton...(45 min). I put the time I would estimate for each leg since I been on all these before. We could gas in Ojai and in New Cayuma...maybe lunch / gas. We would have to get moving by about 9 am to get all this in.
The option would be to do some shorter rides. There are lots of good ones around here..
CROV guys what do you think?
Half Mad Max

visionless

Glen,
  I've been on a number of those roads and they would be alot of fun.  That stretch down 166 on a Saturday afternoon would not be. (Way too many cars)  Also, that is a long day, almost as long as our Kingman day.  What ever you decide to do is great by me.  No matter what we do, it will be a day on motorcycles with friends.  It doesn't get any better.
                                            Chris
Ralph Waldo Emerson

glennw

I have some good shorter rides in mind in the area.  ;)
Half Mad Max

gbranche

Ryan and I took CA-33 out of Ojai last June. I can vouch for its "fun level", at least for the section before Lockwood Valley Rd. IIRC, the section after that intersection - not so much...

I have no experience with the rest of the proposed routing, though. The boring section of 33 may be worth it to ride the rest of the route.

Greg

glennw

We could run the route "backwards" that way we end up on 166 earlier in the day... or we could just turn around at Lockwood Valley and do it over! I agree Hwy 33 is that good from Ojai to Lockwood Valley.? ?;D
Some of the shorter rides I had in mind were: Foxen Canyon Road, Figuroa Mountian Road, Tepusquet Canyon.
and some others.. there are plenty of good roads here.
?
I try to post a few more rides..
Half Mad Max

Coil Coyle

Quote from: glennw on March 16, 2006, 05:16:27 PM
or we could just turn around at Lockwood Valley and do it over! I agree Hwy 33 is that good from Ojai to Lockwood Valley.? ?;D

33 will have good open turns, wide smooth and grippy is my twenty year old recollection... :-\
We'll try to drive the camera ahead at smoke breaks and setup the tripod for some twisty action shots as the group goes by this time..

And we might see a California Condor while we're at it!!!!! ::) 8)
;)
coil

Superfly

Motel 6 is full  >:(
I have made a reservation at the Days Inn (down the street) and I will be there Sat. morning!   ;D

What time is Breakfast fellas?
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.