News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

what did Santa bring you?

Started by Lucky, December 25, 2005, 02:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

I'm so thrilled! Santa (AKA my wife) was so good to me!!
I got:
--A gold shield for my CL-Max
--an HJC breath box (but i think it's the wrong one, so i need to exchange it)
--Cortech Solutions riding boots (size 11 was way too small, so same trip as the Box)
--boot cut jeans (the chaps are still on the list  ;))
--other stuff too, but that's the bike stuff
--Lots of holiday cheer

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

Santa brought me 66 degree weather,, a few hours of riding the backroads ,and a few needed items , mostly clthing i wouldnt buy myself> most of which will be exchanged by COB monday.

Then his little helpers brought my kids, two neices, a brother in law ,and his two stripper girlfriends, a lot of food, lot of sweets and a few extras that werent so sweet.

He was much nicer to my wife, he brought her a new pearl set, necklace,ring and bracelet. Some new pots and pans, a new set of flatware from the knork company, and a lot of little items she never seems to have enough of .

brough my girls exactly what they wanted, as of a month ago, CDs, another year paid on car insurance, (both girls ) assorted stuff for the "girls place" apartment needed a few things, now all done, and each got a mini fridge , for those things they really need to have for college,( pizza rolls, cokes, frozen pizza , microwave hot pockets, etc)
    did get a end of year bonus check from work,, 1500.00 and tech of quarter award, with another 500.00 . so now have truck paid off, no credit card bills to worry with and a bit left over to fund my new riding gear Jammin leather is having after holiday sale, looks like i will get a new jacket and chaps this year.

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Schnurr

Well Santa was good to me for sure.  First foremost he brought my wife the coolness to accept the fact I purchased 2 Visions to make one (She's not a motorcycle gal at all, hates em)  So for that Im thankful.

As far as tangible stuff, He hooked me up with a new craftsman professional series tool box (3 level jobber, nice) new metric wrenches, new deep well sockets, shop drop light, and a really nice set of screwdrivers.  Some of the stuff I need to work on my Vision. I can now reorganize my milk crates and 5gal buckets of tools. 

Most improtatny it was a safe hoiday season spent with family and friends. Our 17mo old boy made it a real blast seeing him (any kid)  light up is really what its all about.  I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday now lets go get em' tuned up (in my case rebuilt) and get ready for spring.

Schnurr

Better to have learned than not to have tried

Mutt

Let's see..
-A Harley Wall clock. Makes a different Harley sound each hour. (don't make a vision clock or else...)
-A small hand held portable shop vac (that was a hint? ::))
-A chain saw to harass the neighbors with. (hockey mask not included)
-New gear wrenchs from Sears
-Various shirts/pants that don't fit ect ect.. for return
-A plethera of Home Depot/Lowes gift cards
-A new set of saddle bags for my April trip to the GAP! Yeeehaaa
-Gift certificate to REI for a new travel tent to put on my bike for the GAP! Yeeehaaa
-A couple of Ben Franklins from my wealthy Mom and Dad. (cash works)

Oh...and a hangover from homemade stuff. Don't ask.

Mutt

"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

louthepou

Well, as far as bike stuf goes, I still have to get a pair of riding boots my wife offered me for my birthday (in May!!!)

Between her and I, for the holidays, we keep it simple. We go for quality, not quantity, and make sure the kids have lots of fun.

So the significant gift I got is a Gr?nsfors axe (a splitting maul, to be exact; if you're into blacksmithing or axe throwing or just working with trees, check them out:)
http://www.gransfors.com/htm_eng/index.html

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

smknjoe1964

A job would have been nice  :(  looks like Im going to go thru a divorce too  :'( I must be on his naughty list  :-[ Ill still have my vision and my trike so life aint that bad. ;D I know theres people alot worse off than I am and Ill eventually get thru all of this  :P.     Be gratefull for what you do have  ;)
           :D Happy Holidays to everyone  :D

Coil Coyle

People,
? ? ? ?The first Christmas I spent after my last divorce Santa joined me up with the staff of the Rescue Mission in Eureka, Ca.
? ? ? ? Being on staff gave me the chance to help people who really needed help. While the "Post Divorce Stress Syndrome" was slowly scarring over in my mind, daily study of The Bible allowed me to see that I had often misunderstood what Jesus, my Rabbi, had actually said we should do.
       I learned to ask forgiveness for the people who act badly in Jesus's name instead of judging Jesus by people who act badly and use His name.
? ? ? ?Finding a job was easy after that.
? ? ? ?If I was going through a split in Witchita, Kansas, I would go spend my time at the Rescue Mission until I had to leave to my new job.
http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&hs=R4Y&lr=lang_en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&q=rescue+mission&near=Wichita,+KS&sa=X&oi=locald&radius=0.0&latlng=37692222,-97337222,18352959759072225161
? ? ? ?Santa brought me an 83 V for my youngest son. :)
"Hope this helps"
;)
coil

Lucky

ok, well, i kinda meant in a purely materialistic, superficial sense...   :D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

crackerkorean

Nothing motor cycle related but not to bad either way.

I got a laptop for school.
Snowboard
DVDs
Xbox Games

Thats about it enough for me.

YellowJacket!

A model of an 82 XZ400 (looks just like the 550)
A sign for my office that says "American Motorcycle" and has a releif of a sorta HArlye looking bike on it...can't blame mom for trying.  ;)
Decor and accessories for my office that I'm remodeling...have to finish it before I can tackle my front brakes.
and ... a few things I bought myself.
...spending was pretty slim this year.   :(

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

Quote from: DaveTN on December 28, 2005, 07:56:42 PM
...spending was pretty slim this year.? ?:(

I got socks, really nice socks.... (and a few things I bought myself)? ;)

hoping for underware for my birthday! (and a few things I'll buy myself)? ;D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

vavision

I got some great stuff:

Portable jobsite table saw
Benchtop grinder with some wire wheels, cutting wheels and buffing wheels
dremel with lots of accessories
Fancy new watch
Monopoly Boardwalk Money clip
Fancy new clothes.
And more stuff

I made out like a bandit

Of course the g/f got her first motorcycle- the xs 400 which is now running well, looking great, and ready for her to perfect her skills before ever coming near the vision.
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

Night Vision

Quote from: vavision on December 28, 2005, 09:39:26 PM
and ready for her to perfect her skills before ever coming near the vision.

don't you mean [ever coming near the vision] AGAIN?? how'd that turn out anyway? what was the answer to the "no start after the no clutch launch problem? just curious.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

silicon_toad2000

I got a spanner/wrench set (one of those ones you can roll up.
I got a tent, hopefully it will fit on the bike without too much trouble.

Best of all, in cleaning up around the bike before christmas I found the flywheel bolt , I left it on a rag one night and one of the dogs buggered off with the rag.

One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.

Kevin

wife got me a carabella's hunting suit, then I  bought the vision from notheren Ill. so I had her return  the suit to pay for the vision, the fourth in my garage. btw.NEW ENOUGH has a big clearance on womens jackets right now.

fiddlesticks

I got a bunch of stuff this year. I must have been a really really good girl.  The best thing was my new riding jacket.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"