News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

After Much Thought The Winning Color Is....

Started by YellowJacket!, March 13, 2006, 01:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Well,

After much thought and decision, the winning color is CANARY Yellow.  I was going to go with Electric Metallic Blue (Same as my car) but decided that the Canary Yellow would stand out better.

For those interested, I ordered the paint from www.paintforcars.com .  Price for the kit seemed pretty good.

I have two stretches of three days off in a row coming up, so Ill start painting pretty soon.  Ill post the finished pics as soon as things are done.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

I think putting on some Kenny Roberts graphics on a yellow vision would make it even faster than a photon black one? ::)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

crackerkorean

I am actually kind of diggin my max max dark gray primer.

Probably just keep it that way for a good while.

YellowJacket!

Hey Mike, Good to hear from you again!

The new paint arrived today and let me tell ya, it is YELLOW, not just the run of the mill bumble bee yellow that I thought it would be but big giant smiley face yellow!
The V is pretty much all prepped and ready to go.  Im going to hang up some plastic in my sunroom this weekend and turn it into a spray booth providing its not too windy.  I know what yo mean about the Mad MAx primer.  Mine is pretty much the same color now...not too highly visible at dusk though..

Take Care,

David

crackerkorean

You will most def have to post some pics when it gets done.

I have been busy with school/work/car/ and other hobbies.

Luckily the car thing is no longer a worry the 240sc that I bought  months ago was sold last night YAY!!.

I have to rebuild the carbs and get a new battery and my liscense and I will be good to go for the year.

YellowJacket!

Well, after about an hour of practicing with the spray gun I decided to try my luck and start painting the parts.  I started with the front fender first and ended up having to sand down a spot because blobs of paint came out.  Now, that must be why they send you those funny paper filters with the paint.  :-[  So after sanding down a portion of the fender, repriming and sealing, I tried again.  Turned out GREAT!  Moved on to the side panels and finished them, but after looking at them again, there seems to be a thin spot that I'll have to touch up on friday.  Moved on to the big mama...the tank.  Now, mind you that I had the tank primed last summer, so I sanded it a bit to roughen the surface up then hit it with the primer sealer and let it dry.  Boy did it look purdy.  During dry time...about an hour...I did some yard work, checked our ROV, then went back to painting.  Mixed up a new batch of paint. (8 oz paint, 2 oz reducer and 1 oz hardner) and went to work. And.....oh crap it RAN.  looks like ripples in a small pond on the side of the tank.  So, let it dry fully then(just a few mins ago) I wet sanded the ripples out and re primed it.  Going to mix up a new batch of paint on friday and try again.  I'll probably give it another spot sanding again tomorrow just for good measure.  I'll go a little lighter on the paint and wait a little longer between coats.  Hopefully this weekend I'll have it back together and post some new pics.

See Y'all,

David

crackerkorean

Sounds like your having pretty good luck for the first time of painting something.
I think my V will be blessede with a few cans of flat black and leave it at that until I decide what I want to do with it.

Cant wait to see pics of it onces its done.

crazyjimmy

I must say you have most excellent   taste, you will not be diappointed. People will finally be able to see you.
Jim