Pre trip Check list

Started by Blurred Vision, April 07, 2006, 04:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blurred Vision

Being that the ONROV spring ride will be my first ever road trip, I'm trying to compile a list of items that I will need to take with me. I will be gone for 2 days one night. I have a normal sized back pack for a tank bag, but no hard luggage so less is more. I have the basics covered ie, personal items, I'm more conserned with what the V will need.
Jay

MotorPlow

LOL,
Last year at the EROV, Between Mutt, PS2 and myself, we probably had enough spare parts to build a spare bike if we needed to. Then again I had hard luggage and Mutt trucked in his bike.

I would at a minimum, have a spare TCI, Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs, small tire repair kit, throttle/clutch cable, tool kit from the bike, duct tape, ... Think about what could happen and prepare for it.

~MP

Blurred Vision

Great the only thing I don't have is a spare TCI, but I imagine tiger might have one to take along with us.
Jay

George R. Young

MotorPlow

Quote from: GeorgeRYoung on May 10, 2006, 04:44:59 PM
Spare stator.

Or a battery charger so you can limp along from electrical outlet to electrical outlet.

haunter

Quote from: MotorPlow on May 10, 2006, 05:53:02 PM
Quote from: GeorgeRYoung on May 10, 2006, 04:44:59 PM
Spare stator.

Or a battery charger so you can limp along from electrical outlet to electrical outlet.

hahahahaha
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Blurred Vision

haven't even got 100 km on this new stator yet. should hold out for one weekend
Jay

wolf

WOW---this site's gettin to be about as reliable as...as..I know!--my 1982 Vision!
...anyway, Jay? by now I figure that short of mounting a sidecar FULL of spare parts , to tour on a vision, you need: (a) a prayer book, and (b) a cell phone. And a lack of common sense.LOL.
Regarding the OnROV meet----Wwwwooodstick as a meeting spot sounds good--is there a Hortons on #2 coming in from the west? around 8:30am?--dubiuosly revving the vision for yet another long ride into...??will it start?please god let it start it's FIRING,YES!..but it's only running on one cylinder quick try the forumm ono it's down too---MAN.Rode a FJR 1300 at the demo rides last week...I donno, guys...surew was nice; too bad I'm broke....wolf.