News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

First Day of Spring!

Started by h2olawyer, March 20, 2006, 03:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Well, Spring has arrived as of 11:29 AM Mountain Standard Time today.? I just came in from blowing 4 inches of snow out of my driveway.? Sure seems more like winter here.? Biggest single snowstorm for us this season.

Streets got a little slick overnight but are just wet now.? The hills to the west of me got over a foot in many places and I'm sure the sanding trucks were out doing their duty.? ?::)? Looks like it will be a couple weeks before those roads will be sand-free, depending on the weather the next few weeks.

Sounds like you folks in the southeastern mountains are having similar issues.? Hope it warms up soon & we can ALL get out riding again!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

visionless

Well it's a beautiful Spring Day here.  Sunny with a slight breeze and temp in the mid sixties. 
                        Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

visionless

How's that for a jinx?  In the hour since I bragged about our nice day the clouds have blown in and its starting to sprinkle.
                                    Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

MotorPlow

Freezing Rain at the moment - Redid the brakes on the family truckster and finished just before it started raining.

h2olawyer

Still need to do front wheel bearings, hubs & brakes on the truck when (if) it ever gets nice here again.  Gotta love those 3/4 ton, 4wd trucks with 8 lugs per wheel.  At least I have the pneumatics to help there!  Really only needs the bearings repacked, but as long as I'm in there, I might as well do everything else.

Quote from: visionless on March 20, 2006, 05:08:40 PM
How's that for a jinx? In the hour since I bragged about our nice day the clouds have blown in and its starting to sprinkle.
Chris

Serves you right for bragging!

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

:) first day of spring here in Canada to....... :o

The weather here is just beautiful, well here in Ontario any way. Where else would you want to be...... ::) We have gone from a near foot of snow yesterday to 85 F to-day....and it will be high 90's F to-morrow...... ;D. Can you belive it. Hundred's of people are out and about on their bikes. ( NO OTHER VEHICLE"S ARE ALLOWED ON THE ROAD'S ACROSS ONTARIO ON THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING....ITS LAW HERE)...They do, of course let emergency vehicle's use the road's but only in life or death situation's.
The roads have all been re-paved, no sand or salt or gravel, as the province paid to have all the road's swept clean over night.....OVER NIGHT..... ???
Man those thousand's of guy's from the local prison's did a wonderful job of cleaning the road's, cleaning and/or replacing road sign's, cleaning up the now uncovered road kill.........but the smell.............OOOOOOOOOHHHHH..... :o
It smell's like, like......dog s#!t............. :o OOOOOOOHHH, or is it racoon s#!t....... :'( man it makes yer eye's water, phew!

NO........NO.................... ::) you know what that smell is.........................................................................................
Good old Canadian BULL S#!T....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D ;) 8)

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING, BE SAFE, STAY SAFE.......
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Mutt

I believe you Tiger! It was 103.4 F here in NC today.  8) It's supposed to dip down to 90 F tonight so we're looking forward to a cool spell.  :) We too have lots of road kill. It gives us plenty of options for dinner.  I know up there you guys' meet keeps longer because of the snow. Down here it spoils pretty quickly so we have to eat it while it's fresh. ITS LAW HERE!

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

YellowJacket!

38 degrees and sleet here.
???
David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Blurred Vision

Sunny but still chilly here in southwestern ontario, forcasting light fluries for the end of the week, but the good weather is coming.
Jay

ps2/bikevision

was in the high fortys here in indiana, my second home. i couldnt help myself. had to go out and get aluminum polish, another stator cover gasket, #14 o-rings, yamabond-4, and a carton of smokes. dropped about $100 all told today.

took a good look at the spring line up at the cycle shop. any body see the new suzuki 600 & 750. the cut off pipe is awsome. take the rear fender off and all you got is the tire sticking out below the tail. pretty sweet. one of these days im not gonna have the will power to walk out of there without a new ride. if it wasent for the ramifications of having two visions in the garage, one tore to the frame. id of talked about financing.

but i did take the vision out for a ride yesterday and froze my arse off. was only out for about 10min before i couldnt feel my limbs. but it feed the fire to get the bikes in top shape for spring.

Blurred Vision

Hey you only got 9 weeks til OnRov spring ride.
Jay

Lucky

Well today was the first day of spring for me, I got the newly PORed tank back on with polished petcock, flushed out the carbs, new plugs, fresh air in the tires & took a short blast around the neighborhood.  bike ran like a raped ape! 

i have to do a full check out on her before i take any big trips, the steering bearings are going to wait 'till after the move, but i have to seal up my balance tube & fix 2 oil leaks.

for a 10 min blast i put on all the gear, first use for the new Tourmaster boots (but i've been wearing them to break them in), the gold visor & breath guard.

hope it doesn't rain this weekend, my cases are a mess!  ;D

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

67GTO

fresh air in the tires

Did you remove the winter air and put summer air in? :)
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

Lucky

I was wondering if anyone would catch that, lol!  ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Superfly

It's been a little cold her in Ca. (well... to our standards) but 65mph in 50 degree weather is cold....  but a cold ride is still better than a comfortable drive....
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Blurred Vision

It's never too cold for a newbie like me. I was out the day after new years -2 degrees C at 110km/h that's nipply. I really need to get a thermometer with Fehrenheit so I can talk temperature with yall, I reckon.
Jay

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com