CROV FALL RUN...Sept. 23rd and 24th.. REPORT & PHOTOS!!!!

Started by glennw, May 11, 2006, 11:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

Bikes apart, and I don't know that I'll make it by Sept, but we'll see.  Taking a look at what needs doing, it's a fairly small list, the real problem will be figuring out what has gone wrong with the bike. I'm leaning toward electrical because the fuel filter is really clean.  I haven't  taken a look into the carb bowls.  Maybe this weekend.  I hate having to work... :-)

Brian

VisionMeister

Had two days to ride after the 4th to check out the local roads.
Clinton to Hwy 49 to Moke Hill. Hwy 26 to West Point to Red Corral Rd. and back one day.
Pine Grove/Volcano Rd. to Rams Horn Grade, Shake Ridge Rd, Fiddletown Rd. and Ostrom Rd returning by Hale Rd. and Charleston Grade through Volcano the next.
All Looks good.
I think we'll have to do a morning loop using lower elevation roads suck as Stony Creek,Ione/Sutter Creek rds, Shake ridge etc.Break for lunch and continue up over the hwy 88 pass return by hwy 4 (Ebetts pass) to Angels Camp and back on hwy 49.
So many routes to choose from.
See you in September.

glennw

"So many routes"..... and so let us flog them as a unit... :o
GlennW
Half Mad Max

glennw

Half Mad Max

VisionMeister

Brian Moffet

glennw

Look like we may see another new CROV rider.. ;D
Vince Dee is going to try and make it (from the bay area)
Half Mad Max

VisionMeister

I haven't checked the Motel status lately. But if it fills up let me know and we'll co-ordinate another room nearby.
Also campsites and trailer sites are available at the Pine Acres Resort.
< 2 mo.s and counting.
Should be fun.

glennw

Visionless... you got brakes on your V yet?  We are getting close!
GlennW
Half Mad Max

visionless

Glen,
There not on there yet, but they willl be.  I had a crazy couple of weeks.  Spent all of last week living in a dorm room at UCLA, while I completed some Collective Bargaining training.  This week I'm spending all my time getting my classroom in order for the new year.  Once things settle down next weekend, hopefully I will be able to get the brake situation worked out.
           Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

glennw

Good Deal Chris... We will get to see you on a Vision this time.. ;D
Half Mad Max

supervision

Today, I awoke early, mowed the lawn, 7 am, then I decided to call  the Vision Miester to see if he wanted to meet up for  a ride.  By 10:45 we had met at the Chevron in Valley Springs, Ca. (0ne hour from my house, 1/2 hour from Miester's pad)  Our route was east on 26, cross the famous 49, and on up 26 to West Point then to 88, back down acouple of miles to his house.  Once there I was treated to refreshments and some lunch.  The Vision Miester lives in the middle of riding  that is about as good as it gets. I enjoyed my visit, then we rode back to the meeting place, and returned to our respective houses. A good fall rally comming soon for sure, be there !  Dave
" border="0

VisionMeister

You have to call it what it was... a sighting lap.
track conditions are good.
Shoulder grading is dirting up the pavement in some areas, but that will clean up quickly.
Anyone arriving early on Friday, say early afternoon (2:00) can expect a guided tour of the lower elevation roads.
Saturday I think we should run the passes of Hwy 4 (Ebett's Pass), Hwy 88 (Carson Pass) and maybe Hwy 89 (Monitor Pass) if time allows.
We'll have a welcome barbeque Friday evening and a group restaurant meal Saturday.
We can do another quick lap of local roads Sunday morning, if anyone is up for more miles before departing.

glennw

CROV guys...
Based of who is expected to show up next month ( a little over 4 weeks )
We can beat the Canadian Vision count....  ;) 
Is your V almost ready  ?
Greg Branche... how is it looking?
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Coil Coyle

People,

We have a Kitchenette reserved.
         Jim E's vision is up here in the Medford storage, it's my best shot at riding a
Vision before we get the house in Guerneville sold and Amy's making pizzas up here. I'll
just have to clean the pilot jets on it. The Flying Pig is at his house in Ridgecrest waiting for me to ride the V down.

The Oven is arriving as i write with its crew from Holland working seven  tens to get it together. 170 tradespeople
on site trying to finish for Oct 13 testing and Sept 15 production.

The house in Ville blessed us with some dry rot so we have the opportunity to leave it better than it was when we got it!
Lori's staying with the cats until it's finished, I'm driving too much. A ride in the Sierras is definitely called for!

See Ya, riding something... :-\

coil

glennw

Coyle.. How are you liking Southern Oregon?
Have you rode 66 yet from Ashland to Klamath falls?
A Vision kind'a road if there ever was one...
I sure miss Ashland...
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Coil Coyle

Glenn,

I have not "ridden" any of these roads yet, but there are a lot of great roads I've "driven".
The test run for Jim E's bike is my soonest prospect. I'll try 99 to Grants Pass then Jacksonville for a shakedown.

Insh'allah, I'll ride 'em soon.

coil

supervision

Glenn and coil,  going to be good to see ya again      dave     
" border="0

gbranche

Quote from: glennw on August 16, 2006, 12:35:40 AM
Greg Branche... how is it looking?

We've made reservations for the whole family. We'll be bringing the tent trailer (no, not behind the GTS!) and using that for our accommodations.

I'll be on the GTS, and Matt & Ryan will be on their Visions, assuming Ryan succeeds in getting the front end re-assembled. The girls will be in the Envoy pulling the trailer.

Greg

supervision

" border="0