CROV FALL RUN...Sept. 23rd and 24th.. REPORT & PHOTOS!!!!

Started by glennw, May 11, 2006, 11:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennw

The Bad Boy's of the CROV Gang are looking at the fall run... ;)
Tie up the dogs .... hide your Harley... and get the posers off the highway...because the CROV gang holds and asks no quarter.... ;)
Just some twisty asphalt..... and brew at end of the day... :o

Vision Meister Craig has agreed to be the gangs local host for our pavement shredding, technically superior V twins.. :P
Pine Grove is on Hwy 88 about 50 miles NE of Stockton. Sacramento is about the same distance but is NW of Pine Grove. You will be there? Of course... 8)

Got it? The date is September 23 & 24...
Be at this one... or you will miss some fine riding and fun...

MOTEL INFO
Pine Acres resort and Campground
209-296-4650
P.O. Box 56
Pine Grove, Ca. 95665

Motel info updated 06/14:

rooms available for September 22 & 23rd - A regular room is $59.00 a night and a kitchenette is $64.00 a night.  Please call if you are interested in reserving a room for that weekend.  Our number is 209 296-4650 and our hours are 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm Monday thru Saturday. 

Camping and trailer sites are also available.
there are only eight rooms available.

http://www.campingfriend.com/PineAcresResort/default.asp?file=Home

Glenn..

Confirmed List.....

;D = Vision

Vision Meister (Craig our road host)  ;D
Dwight... Coming Saturday  ;D
Ron and Sharon  ;D
Superfly (Pete)  ;D?
Jim and Lori Coyle  ;D
Chris (Visionless)  ;D
Glennw  ;D
Supervision (Dave)..  ;D
Vic and his brother...  ;D
The Branche Bunch  ;D  ;D
Vince Dee  ;D
Sal   ;D
Steve  ;D

That would be a record # of  ;D's for the CROV Gang

Can't make it...

Les.. (it looks like Les has a 928 gathering the same weekend!)   >:(
Extent.. (Mark)
Dead Dirty Vision (maybe next spring)
Don Minor...

Half Mad Max

Brian Moffet

We'll see.  I've been so swamped I haven't had a chance to look at the Vision yet after the spring run.  But the local airshow is on Memorial Day (yes, I'm involved in that, photography), my parents will be out of town soon, and the school year will be over.

Brian

Superfly

Sign me up for the CROV Posse run!  Had a blast on the Spring run.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

glennw

This location should make you Northern Cal guys happy!
Sorry Don.. but now that you are off the clock... you have no excuses!
Glenn
Half Mad Max

Coil Coyle

We're moving through June/August, Sept 23 and 24 works good for us. Our ride down will be on the backroads from Medford   ;D.
God willing and the creek don't rise again, I'll be riding a Vision  8)

See Ya'll,
;)
coil

Ron_McCoy

visionless

When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

glennw

Any California newbies out there... ???
Come out of the Vision closet and...
Join the fun....  ;D
We are shooting for a record turnout... ;)

One of the non riders at work said of my V in it's primer...
It looks so "Mad Max" ... so I dubed it "Half Mad Max"..
Besides the primer is growing on me. I love the easy upkeep!
Half Mad Max

Superfly

I think you were saying at the last CROV that you were going to have it painted for the next run....
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Superfly on May 15, 2006, 10:13:03 PM
I think you were saying at the last CROV that you were going to have it painted for the next run....

Yeah and I said I would have mine clean for the last one :-)

glennw

Well now that gas is $3.50 a gallon here.. and I have new knobbies on the DRZ.. I think I'm just going to keep it together and RIDE it for a while... ;D
Half Mad Max

Extent

I will of course try to attend.  I guess I should really try and get the Friday before off so I don't show up as people are getting ready to leave ;)
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

glennw

Half Mad Max

Brian_Matthewson

Of course the Canadian Vision riders haven't made the Spring run yet!!!
We have to wait for the ice and snow to disappear from the roads and for the polar bears and wolves to migrate north for the summer!
Damn, you don't know excitement until one of those critters leaps out from behind a snowbank and you try to stop on the ice!  ;)
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

VisionMeister

Hey Glenn, thanks for posting a date.
I am finally able to access the forum again. First time since April.
Dates are fine.
What I would like to know is would you guys like to stay at the local camp/ resort or the Holiday Inn Express in Jackson.
The Pine Acres Resort has a row of about eight rooms with kitchenettes, lineoleum floors etc. but is right here at Pine Grove. It's clean but definitely not modern.
The Holiday Inn Express is typical new Motel with buffet breakfast located in Jackson, about 10 miles from Pine Grove.
Any one who wanted could also camp at  the Pine Acres Resort or they also have trailer sites, showers, hook ups,etc.
I'll post some more info later.

glennw

I think it would be cool to "take over" the Pine Acres Resort with the "CROV gang"... isn't that what gangs do?   :o
GlennW
Half Mad Max

visionless

When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

dminor

Guy's. I don't know if I can make the ride. Beemer got hit last Friday and it looks like it maybe totaled. I'm ok with a little whiplash and bruises.
   Yes I'm off uncle Sam's clock, but I'm in the process of moving. Me and the better half will be leaving SOCAL for a place in Nevada. Should be closer for our rides ???
Don

Ron_McCoy

Don,

Glad to hear you're OK even if the Beemer-bago isn't.

Ron

glennw

Sorry Don..  Glad you are OK..
Hope you get a new BMW out of the deal. Maybe you will able to make by Sept.
GlennW
Half Mad Max