News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

CROV FALL RUN...Sept. 23rd and 24th.. REPORT & PHOTOS!!!!

Started by glennw, May 11, 2006, 11:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dminor

:(
Sorry I won't be at this ride. Just got done removing 1400 miles worth of dead bugs off the Beemer, had to go to the Reno area to look at houses.
Both of my Visions run, but I won't be able to ride them much. The grand kids are due in the next 2-3 weeks and I get to stay close to home so Ang can go to New Mexico.
Hope the ride goes well and all of you keep the shiney side up and thre rubber side down. Have fun, and let me know when the next ride is, I'll try to make it.
Don

glennw

Sorry you can't make it Don!
We will give you plenty of notice on the next CROV ride.

GlennW
Half Mad Max

glennw

Half Mad Max

supervision

I looked at the weather, looks like no change comming, thats good news.  Also last night I talked to Dwight, he's not comming till Sat. night.   
" border="0

glennw

Supervision....
Dwight won't miss dinner... or the souvenir shop... right on!
It looks like Ron has converted another Bakersfield member!
We ARE on for a record V run......Photo to follow!
Whoooo... friggen hooooo...
GlennW
Half Mad Max

darkvision

The weather is looking good, I am very excited about getting together for my first CROV run.  The V is running good, took it out for a couple of good rides this week. We got our room reserverved for Saturday. Chet and I will be heading out early Saturday morning.  Do you guys exchange cell phone numbers? If so who is the keeper of the list?  If no one is designated, send me a pm with your cell #  and I'll start a list.
Stay safe,  Darkvision

supervision

I just got off the phone with Vmeister... he say's he got to talking with the lady at the resterant and found out that the steak dinner was going to be $26.50 ,  so he has had her make a change to Prime Rib at $20.00, He hopes this change won't be a problem for anyone..  P.S.  He can't get online to the V site, so that's why he's not talking...   He told her we would be comming in about 6:00 and she will be feeding us about 7:00  Sounds good to me.
" border="0

supervision

Vic, I don't do pm so I can't help..  That's good your coming early Sat. we have a good ride for Sat.  see ya then

" border="0

VisionMeister

well I'm able to get back on. Hacker screen was on my system. Deleted all internet history files etc. and restarted.

Hotel suggests Prime Rib for the group at $20.00 per person for full dinner. I will confirm on Tuesdy evening so let me know if you have a problem with this. Standard menu items will be available also (including burgers).

We'll have a short 2-3 hour ride for early arrivals on Friday. Leave about 2:00+-.
Welcome Barbeque & brew at Visionmeister's Friday evening. I'll leave instructions with the desk at the motel.
Saturday I'd like to get off by 10:00 AM. There is a breakfast restaurant, Sierra House, about 1/2 mile from the Pine Acres Resort. We can regroup at Pine Acres for the departure.
Any one expecting to arrive later should leave a message with the Pine Acres Resort attention Glen Walker and we'll contact you to try to coordinate a rendevous point. We are planning to ride over Highway 4 with stops in Murphy's, Lake Alpine and Markleville before returning over Highway 88 to Pine Grove and Dinner at  Union Hotel in Volcano.

We'll do a small loop on Sunday for anyone interested and with time before departure.

Its going to be some great riding.

glennw

Pete and I Should be arriving by 2pm on Friday....
For those who need it my cell is
805-729-1950
Glenn

Half Mad Max

Superfly

Hey Guys.

Was out in the garage ALL weekend trying to get the V ready, unfortunately the Vision Gods frowned upon me.  I had an engine that lost oil pressure on the freeway, and dropped the 2nd cylinder, and I had to have it towed home,  I looked into it this weekend, and could not get that 2nd cylinder to fire enough to keep running.  I have one more engine that I am gonna try, but I will know more tonight.

70% chance I am taking the Ninja
30% chance I am gonna have the Vision ready
100% chance I am going!  ;D
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Ron_McCoy

Ron and I will be there by 2:00 on friday.  I'm looking forward to a friday ride. The Spring rally I had a touch of the flu and didn't get to ride. Saturday the grandchildren will be there so no riding for me so you guys get to deal with Ron by himself.  Thanks you guys for letting a grandma have so much fun.

Sharon

visionless

My vision still won't stop so I'm trying to get a braided cable together and see if that helps.  If if doesn't help I'll have to bring the Kat again.  I'm really hoping to be on the Vision.  Also, I don't know if I will make the Friday ride because I got stuck with jury duty.  Hopefully the case will end early.
Quote from: Ron_McCoy on September 18, 2006, 07:53:19 PM
Ron and I will be there by 2:00 on friday.  I'm looking forward to a friday ride. The Spring rally I had a touch of the flu and didn't get to ride. Saturday the grandchildren will be there so no riding for me so you guys get to deal with Ron by himself.  Thanks you guys for letting a grandma have so much fun.

Sharon

It sure is nice to have a mom who will entertain your family so you can ride with your old man.  I guess that would be more like chase your old man, because the only time I ride with him is when he decides to take it easy.

Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

glennw

That single disc won't ever stop like the brakes on your Katana Chris!
Thats why I went the 83's... but a braded line really helps either one.
I can most likley get a Galfer to bring up ... if you let me know tomorrow.
The last single one I bought was about $60.00
Glad your all coming....
Half Mad Max

visionless

Quote from: glennw on September 18, 2006, 10:32:40 PM
That single disc won't ever stop like the brakes on your Katana Chris!

Yea but I can ride down the street with the front brake lever pulled to the grip.  Not my idea of a front brake.  It's too bad becasue the bike runs great!
          Chris

When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

supervision

Chris, I know what ya mean on that lack of front brake.  Before I improved mine I would avoid too tight of a road cause it would be all I could do to make the turn.  I never had a steel hose on just one brake, but it's the next best thing.  see you soon  Dave
" border="0

Coil Coyle

We are going to meet Steve from Lake County and ride down from Napa Valley with him Friday noonish so we will arrive in the evening.

I've got got the carbs off of Jim E's bike here in the Medford Storage of Jackson County ROV. I'm praying that I find the plugged pilot jets that McCoy diagnosed last spring. Life has been frantic between the new plant in Or. and repairs to the house in G'ville. Lori got the permits signed off on Monday so we can get it listed to sell, a home purchase up here probably fell apart last week, testing of our new oven and pizza press is going well, I'mm putting the carbs back on tonight...

Need a ride with the CROV, good chance of makin g it.

;)

coil 

707-975-5248

VinceDee

I wouldn't mind joining up with a riding partner(s) coming from the Bay Area, if anyone is planning on going Friday around 12pm.

BTW, I hope you guys realize I'm not a racer...I'm a very slow touring rider so I'll probably be bringing up the rear during the rides.  ;D
Always ride as if all the car drivers are trying to kill you and make it look like an accident, because some of them are.

Superfly

Well, I played hookey from work today to give it one more shot, but she will not stop fighting me!

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Ron_McCoy

Go Pete, go!  don't give up or you'll have to ride that Kawasaki.  Of course that would be fun too! ;D ;D ;D