News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

CROV FALL RUN...Sept. 23rd and 24th.. REPORT & PHOTOS!!!!

Started by glennw, May 11, 2006, 11:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

Superfly- all you need is one of those "Canadian.... betcha can't do it.... didn't see your bike in the last pics either" inspiration replys...  ;)

Seriously.... get your ship together... looks like CROV has a legitimate chance at the NA ROV world record and it would be unfortunate to attend riding a COW  >:(

Best of luck to you all!!!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

supervision

Hey Vince, I am going about that time.  I'm taking the pick-up  and trailer, if you want to meet up.  cell # 209 485 2049.  Is there anyway you can go alittle earlier?  (I'm so excited)   And we could meet about Stockton, as I'm comming from the valley.  Dave   don't call after 8 pm
" border="0

supervision

superfly, your the bomb, what a gallant effort, looking forward to meeting you.
" border="0

Coil Coyle

Help! the venturi's were loose in these 83 carbs, that had to be the part throttle dieing.

So, my best guess/observation is that the slot in the bottom side should go above the part throttle/idle.. openings above the throttle plate. When I position it this way a groove is available at the top of the venturi that would hold the venturi slightly above the body idle openings.

But it could rotate the slot to several other positions in the same groove.???

707-975-5248 is my cell if you know where the venturi slot really belongs.

coil ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :P

glennw

For those of you coming up Saturday Morning... make sure you don't miss the first ride... for some reason that Saturday AM Ride always seems to be a really good one!

Why is the clock going ...   t  i  c  k       t  o  c  k...   t  i  c k     t  o  c  k....?

'Cause "I wanna ride".... That how I'm feeling at work this week
Like those little kids in the Honda commercial..
Thursday I may even have my riding gear on!
GlennW

PS Pete... I have a motorcycle trailer.. not a COW hauler!  Just kidding!
Half Mad Max

visionless

It is now 9:20 on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 and I HAVE BRAKES!!!! Hopefully nothing will go wrong on my Thursday night "I need to ride it at least once before a gathering" ride.  Looking forward to actually being on a Vision at a Vision ride.  What a novel concept.   
I will be there for the Friday ride also.
                      "no longer Visionless" Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

glennw

So is it now.... Vision Chris?   ;)  What was the problem?
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Coil Coyle

Congratulations on the brakes, Visionless :o :o :o :o :o ;)

The carbs on this 83 have been modified on the adjustable vacuum/ball/tapered spring loaded adjusting screw circuit that the 82's don't have.

Putting them on this afternoon, if they are doubtful I'll go with the set from the "15 years and I'm back/rod knocking 83."

It's going to be a great ride

8)

coil

Coil Coyle

Quote from: VinceDee on September 19, 2006, 03:40:34 PM
I wouldn't mind joining up with a riding partner(s) coming from the Bay Area, if anyone is planning on going Friday around 12pm.

BTW, I hope you guys realize I'm not a racer...I'm a very slow touring rider so I'll probably be bringing up the rear during the rides.  ;D

Steve and I are shooting for leaving the Napa valley around noon, PM him and maybe Vallejo/ livermore or ?

707-975-5248

Superfly

Hey Guys.  Got the bike fired up (both cylinders), and it sounds good, but I am having 2 problems, check out this link: http://ridersofvision.net/forum/index.php?topic=5318.0  Having a problem with the clutch and the oil light is coming on at idle.  Any thoughts on the clutch would be appreciated!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

visionless

Quote from: glennw on September 20, 2006, 10:30:11 AM
So is it now.... Vision Chris?   ;)  What was the problem?
GlennW

Brenda's uncle works for Ace Hydralic here in town, so I had him build me a really cool braided line.  Made a 100% improvement.  Dad says they now feel like original 82 brakes, so can imagine how bad they were before.
                                Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

glennw

Can you imagine this rag tag bunch or 24 year old bikes pulling this off?
Well F the ACLU and God Bless us each and every one...
....wait we don't have a Tiny Tim....
In Lucky's new speak.. See all y'all on Friday...
GlennW
Half Mad Max

supervision

Nightvision: we probably should have arranged to have you flown in to verify the head-count    Dang ya could of probably even rode the Meister's spare bike
" border="0

Coil Coyle

Pine Grove and Prime Rib, yeah!

Got up this morning at 3:30, went down to the storage to finish the carb change. I went for a switch because I'm not sure what the modifications to the original carbs would do during elevatgion changes.

I got the V ready to start prior to putting the tank on. Looking at the stacked boxes in the back 20 feet of the room I realized that I have no idea where the keys might be. The movers packed everything.

Calling a local locksmith out as soon as they open is my next move. We just put a new long block in the Olds so we'll have a reliable trailer along ;D

See Ya'll Soon

;)

Update: i'm sitting in a Process Hazard Analysis meeting for 5 hours and the I meet the Locksmith..............Yee Haaaaaaaa :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Brian Moffet

supervision

Good, good, good, thankyou verymuch.. I'm so happy, off work and all I'm suppose to do for the next three days is have fun with V riders and thier motorbikes
" border="0

Superfly

Quote from: supervision on September 21, 2006, 08:50:30 PM
  Good, good, good, thankyou verymuch.. I'm so happy, off work and all I'm suppose to do for the next three days is have fun with V riders and thier motorbikes

I'll drink to that!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

VinceDee

Hey guys, Jim Coil just told me his locksmith fell through  :-[, so he would like to know if somebody knows how to hotwire a Vision. He's actually on the road on his way down from oregon right now so he couldn't post this request but he said he'll check the site in a hour or so when he stops.

He asked that an answer be posted in this thread.

Vince
Always ride as if all the car drivers are trying to kill you and make it look like an accident, because some of them are.

supervision

" border="0

supervision

" border="0