a New Rider saying Hello

Started by bluegillspeed, June 05, 2006, 10:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluegillspeed

My name is Hilary, currently in Palm Bay FL. Just about 2 hours ago I got the title to my first bike, of course a vision. The anticipation of  finishing a few minor mods and getting it out on the road has me at a loss for words right now. I just wanted to say Hi and let everyone know that it was their praise and love of the vision that did the final convincing which led my to my ownership. I look forward to becoming more of a member and maybe meeting on rides sometimes.
82 red with sport fairing

YellowJacket!

Hi Hilary and WELCOME!!  I'll tell you as well as everyone else, you came to the right place.  I'm sure a few more will chime in with their respective recomendations and such.  Mine is:  If you haven't already done so, take the MSF Basic Riders course.  Its a must and well worth the money, especially for someone who has a new bike.

Welcome and I look forward to helping you.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Serendipity

Ok, I guess Tailwheel and I have to fess-up. Dave and Hillary work together and when he realized that Hillary was looking for an affordable bike and would be willing to trade a computer (which we desperately need) we decided to share the Vision wealth.  ;D

He is indeed taking the MSF course in 2 weeks, so not to worry! I am really looking forward to riding with Hillary and Dave....is three enough to start the FROV???  :D

Welcome to the family Hillary!

h2olawyer

Three is more than enough - the COROV is Professor Rex (when he's around) and me - just 2 of us.  Welcome to the fold, Hilary.  Glad you've got some experienced Visionaries to help you out!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

;D Hello and welcome to your extended family.....We are all here to help you...so dont be afraid to ask....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Serendipity on June 05, 2006, 10:59:33 PM
Ok, I guess Tailwheel and I have to fess-up. Dave and Hillary work together and when he realized that Hillary was looking for an affordable bike and would be willing to trade a computer (which we desperately need) we decided to share the Vision wealth.  ;D

He is indeed taking the MSF course in 2 weeks, so not to worry! I am really looking forward to riding with Hillary and Dave....is three enough to start the FROV???  :D

Welcome to the family Hillary!

How funny.  I traded a laptop for mine. :-)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

Welcome Hillary!

Ok, with so many ladies riding Visions, y'all (did i say that right DaveTn  ;) ) might want to think about forming the LROV  :)

And Dave, what would that make us?
TROV (TnROV)
ETROV (Eastern Tn)
DTROV (Dragon Tail)
SEROV (South Eastern)

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

dj

Quote from: Lucky on June 06, 2006, 07:25:24 AM
Welcome Hillary!

Ok, with so many ladies riding Visions, y'all (did i say that right DaveTn  ;) ) might want to think about forming the LROV  :)

TROV (TnROV)
ETROV (Eastern Tn)
DTROV (Dragon Tail)
SEROV (South Eastern)

--Lucky

Lucky - Hillary (bluegillspeed) is a GUY!  Not a GAL!  We know that you are getting advanced in the years, but try and keep up.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

MotorPlow

I think Lucky was just realizing that he will be moving to the South and realized that he will no longer need to practice with his voting "Chads". Lucky, how are you going to feel when you have to convert to being Republican? Don't forget, the Former Vice President didn't even win his own State of Tennessee. You might have to practice saying "President Rice". I personally do not vote by party, but vote for the best qualified person. Needless to say, I have voted Republican, Democratic and Independent. Just trying to forwarn you Lucky. Don't mention "Hillary" in TN, TN might evict you.

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

kiawrench

Hillary,, welcome to the strangest club you will ever join!!
             anytime you need help, you just log on and ask, someone will help out the same day. even if we have to get the phones working. which of the two bikes did you get? both were decent rideers last time i saw them , but has been a while.   Get your MSF scheduled too,,, no sense in waiting .

Lucky,,

i have per-fect name for all of you mountain state riders,,, lmao 

O F ROV........ and no i wont type it in on the forum.

if i can quit damaging myself, will get out to the tail,, show you  why visions used to win so many races.
but first, will replace the brake control rod bolt with brand new hardened steel one, to keep this bike on the road .
  unless Zore beats me to it .. lol... he has much more exp at leaning rollover turns than i do. sort of a monster trademark event .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Night Vision

--Lucky

how about TITROV? (two in Tennesee ridin' our Visions)  ((works for three also.... "if'n you finda free-end"))

;D

Hilary.. .. welcome to the show
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

bluegillspeed

kiawrench,

Thi bike I got was the Tailweel, and Serendipity's second 82. They still have Serendipities 82 and tailweels 83. I am also scheduled to start my MSF course on the 15th of this month.
82 red with sport fairing

VinceDee

Welcome, Hilary. I think you'll find the Vision is an excellent choice for your first motorcycle. Glad to know you're doing the MSF thang.  ;D

Always ride as if all the car drivers are trying to kill you and make it look like an accident, because some of them are.

Serendipity

Actually it was our first '82.  ;D Are we confused yet???

We were given an '82 with fairings about a year ago from a friend, which ulitmately led us to this site and then GAWolf's '82 and '83. It is that first '82 that Hillary is now in possession of. (Yes, I ended a sentence with a preposition got a problem with that???) So Kia, the ones you met are both still with Tailwheel and I.

Is that clear as mud?

kiawrench

Dipity,,
    clear as mud, fine as frog hair and three times sweeter than auntie clara's mint juleps on derby day!!

uh gee ,, i am starting to sound like the natives around here,, oh wait , there are no natives!! everyone is from new jersey,ohio or canada!!

So who is riding the nearly missing seat?  highly modified flat top ?

did you also get the stack of spare parts GAWolf had?   i think he almost had another bike in boxes at one time .  lol

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

Oy Vay!!!  ;D

Sorry, Hillary, i've never in my life heard the name used for a man, my fau paux!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

TROV (TnROV)

ETROV (Eastern Tn)

DTROV (Dragon Tail)

SEROV (South Eastern)

--Lucky

.......Hmmmmmm, some-one learning down south Russian...... ;D ;D :D ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Serendipity

Quote from: kiawrench on June 06, 2006, 07:56:54 PM

So who is riding the nearly missing seat?  highly modified flat top ?

did you also get the stack of spare parts GAWolf had?   i think he almost had another bike in boxes at one time .  lol

The seat on my bike (the '82) is the one that was on the '83 when we brought them home. That is the one that I believe GAWolf did himself. Not sure what you mean by highly modified flat top though, my ignorance showing.

And yes we did get the pile of parts too. Which have already come in handy. :)

kiawrench

one of those two bikes had a seat much much thinner than the other, with only about an inch of foam total ,,, or that was the plan.   
    if you feel your seat needs to be lower, let me know , i will type up the procedure for rebuilding it as a 60's style banana seat.  it reduces the padding by about 90 percent, but once done, it is pretty decent ,holds up to a 500 mile ride with no real iron butt symptoms.