Lessons for Lucky about living in the south

Started by YellowJacket!, June 13, 2006, 05:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Mutt on June 17, 2006, 06:38:04 AM
Quote from: DaveTN on June 16, 2006, 10:57:28 PM
OK Mutt,

Why is it that you know more about Knoxville than me?

Construction is a tribute to The UT Vols (thats out football team, Lucky).  Thats why all the construction barrels you see around town are orange and white.  I thought NASCAR was bigger in NC.
Your description about the driving around here is pretty accurate.

;D  ;D

David

Don't forget, I'm from Tennesee. I'm actually the perfect translator. Born in TN, grew up in GA and NC. Edumakated in NY,NY. Lived in MI, CA, FL, VA, SC, NJ and practically AK.  :)

Mutt

Ahhhh, so thats where the nic "mutt" comes from.  ;D ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

YellowJacket!

I love you sig line mutt:

ROV Senior Member

I flipped the burgers for you Dave!

;D

David 

haunter

Quote from: Mutt on June 16, 2006, 10:15:42 PM
You will tour the Jack Daniels distillery at least 3-5 times (because of visiting relatives).
Mutt

been there, smells so goooooood
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

YellowJacket!

Lucky,

Guess what I saw today on the way home from dropping my son off.....

A truck pulling a trailer with a (of course...) harley in it (where all harleys belong ;D )  and a big sign on the back of the trailer that said "Moving to Nashville!!".  The guys plates were from Rhode Island.     ....Someone else with good sense....just the wrong city.

David

Lucky

Unfortunatly, i've heard a lot of ppl from around here are moving to Tn & the Carolinas.. hopefully not the f*ck%n New Yorkers though...(with apologies to the NYr's on the Forum)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

haunter

I love it down there, spent time near murphreesboro on breaks from school with a buddy who's dad runs a dealor down there....

if I could get a job in the area I would live there already
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

hfarley

I remember chiggers! When I was at Basic Training in South Carolina we were out bivwacking one week and man did I come back with a ton of em! The only thing that I remember using to get rid of them was putting clear nail polish over them and then when they surfaced picking them off. I still have a few marks on my hands from  that. LOL! Ahh memories! :P
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Night Vision

I had no patience for the nail polish and preferred the scratch till it bleeds method  >:(
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

We had someone in the ER a few years ago that tried gasoline.... Dumba$$ was smoking while he did it!!   :o  ???  :o  We did our best to stabilize him so he could be flown to Vanderbilt Burn Center in Nashville.  See, smoking CAN kill you....if done while (probably drunk) pouring gasoline on your arms and legs while trying to eradicate your body of chiggers.
Well, he got rid of the chiggers...most of them.

Remember kids:  DO NOT try this at home or anywhere else for that matter.

David

haunter

I thought cigarrettes wouldn't ignite gasoline??

Lucky

they'll ignite the vapors in a heartbeat!

YellowJacket!

Lucky is exactly right.

You can even ignite the vapors coming out of your gas tank (car or cycle) while you are filling it and smoking.

The old "you can throw a cigarette into a bucket full of gasoline and it won't ignite" thing is an urban legend.  It will ignite..Vapors first then the gas.

When I was a kid (lucky you may have heard about this) our pond was being dredged.  The workers left a utility trailer in our cul-de-sac in front of our house.  There was an open container of gasoline (we found out later) on the trailer and on July 4th we decided to have a bottle rocket fight.  One of the bottle rockets either went in the container or exploded somewhere close to the mouth of it and the whole freakin thing went up in flames.  Scared the bejeepers out of the whole damn neighborhood.  Of course the police and fire department were not too happy about it.  Neither were my parents or the contractor or...
Man did I go way off topic.

David

haunter

damn, good thing I never tried that out

I like my eyebrows and hairline where they are!

MotorPlow

LOL, I was in Boston yesterday (and the day before) for my Brother's wedding. After every toast for my Brother and his new Wife, someone would yell, "and how about those Sox", Then a round of cheers. This happened after every toast. I drove there, in the cage, 13 hours each way. At one point, saw a sign that said "Boston Left Exit"/"Rhode Island Right Exit" - I almost went to visit Lucky.

haunter

YellowJacket!

Quote from: MotorPlow on June 19, 2006, 09:29:24 PM
LOL, I was in Boston yesterday (and the day before) for my Brother's wedding. After every toast for my Brother and his new Wife, someone would yell, "and how about those Sox", Then a round of cheers. This happened after every toast. I drove there, in the cage, 13 hours each way. At one point, saw a sign that said "Boston Left Exit"/"Rhode Island Right Exit" - I almost went to visit Lucky.

C'mon back over this fall...I'll REALLY cook the burgers this time.  I'm sure Lucky will come too.

David

Lucky

You should have called! I did nothing Sunday except cook some ribs on the grill...

YellowJacket!

Nah, I'll wait another couple of weekends so I can man the grill while you, the boys and the girls unload the truck.
It'll be worth the wait.  ;D

David

PS were they quaHOG ribs?  he he

MotorPlow

Quote from: Lucky on June 19, 2006, 11:12:53 PM
You should have called! I did nothing Sunday except cook some ribs on the grill...

Damn! Would have been a straight shot down I95 too. I did think about it! 1600 Miles in 3 days in the minivan. I felt like wax paper when I got home.

Lucky

Chris, Penny just called you an idiot, Rofl!!