Got her on the interstate for the first time.....WEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Started by bluegillspeed, June 26, 2006, 12:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluegillspeed

Until tonight I've been mainly riding to and from work on city streets with lots of stop lights and 45mph speed limits. Got on the I-95, which down here 80-85 is the slow lane, and had a blast. Felt my helmet tugging up on my head and the temperature guage never made it half way untill the off-ramp. I also had another realization about how much fun she is to ride, and I haven't even fully tuned her yet.
82 red with sport fairing

h2olawyer

Way cool!  I was going about those same speeds for over 20 miles on a two lane state highway today.  (ssssshhhhhh - Motorplow may be reading)  Didn't know how my V would handle it.  It did great.  Wish I could say the same for the rider!  Was wishing I'd remembered to wear my earplugs.  Felt like my head was inside a bass drum for that part of the ride.  Really wore me out.  Still grinning, though!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: bluegillspeed on June 26, 2006, 12:24:22 AM
..... Felt my helmet tugging up on my head

I had the same problem last year when I road the "V" "naked".....over the winter I installed a full fairing........way more comfortable ride, well worth the million $$$ I paid for it....... ;D ;D :D ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Superfly

My V loves the freeways/interstates!  At 85-90 you will find this "sweet spot" that will put a nice smile on your face...
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Superfly on June 26, 2006, 11:57:59 AM
My V loves the freeways/interstates!  At 85-90 you will find this "sweet spot" that will put a nice smile on your face...

and bugs in your teeth. ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

MotorPlow

Coming back from the Dragon this past spring, I slabed it all the way back. The Vision is a very comfortable ride at a steady 80 mph for... 5 hours.

Serendipity

Well, you've got me beat already! I'm still too chicken to get on 95 with my girl.