News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Moving R/R question and other I did and hello to everyone!!!

Started by Prvi Vozac, July 04, 2006, 03:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prvi Vozac

Quote from: DaveTN on July 14, 2006, 05:55:34 AM
Hello Pri,

I have similar problems frome time to time. Usually whenit happens I get some fuel leaking down onto the pavement from one of th eoverflow tubes on my carb which indicates a sticky float.  Also, Lucky told me that my emuslion tube in one of my carbs could be inserted too far causing th e fuel to overflow.  Make sure your overflow tubes are not clogged up and make sure your float is not sticking.
Since the bike runs perfect at times, I doubt it is a bad tci.

Best Regards,

David
One air overflow from one cylinder is little broken. What is emulsion tube? I'll tryx to search those tubes, I don't understand exactly, must search this in Haynes. How can I check this? Can you explain this to me?
Thanks David

Prvi Vozac

Lucky

Actually, that's not exactly accurate...
I've rebuilt a lot of Vision carbs & what i've found is that the brass overflow tube that sticks up from the bottom of the bowl can sometimes be 2 or 3 mm short compaired to 'normal' tubes. if this is the case then sometimes you can get fuel out the overflows even if the floats are set correcly. drop the float level 2-3mm to cure the gas drainage. 

i've only seen it on one carb at a time, never both (so far) so if you have one lower than the other, adjust that float.

the emultion tube is something else entirly.

hth, --Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Prvi Vozac

Thanks Lucky, I'll check it when I'm back from my vacation.

Bye
Prvi

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on July 14, 2006, 08:20:01 AM
Actually, that's not exactly accurate...
I've rebuilt a lot of Vision carbs & what i've found is that the brass overflow tube that sticks up from the bottom of the bowl can sometimes be 2 or 3 mm short compaired to 'normal' tubes. if this is the case then sometimes you can get fuel out the overflows even if the floats are set correcly. drop the float level 2-3mm to cure the gas drainage. 

i've only seen it on one carb at a time, never both (so far) so if you have one lower than the other, adjust that float.

the emultion tube is something else entirly.

hth, --Lucky

Yes,

Lucky is correct, I misunderstood him...sorry.  But I was heading in the right direction.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Glyn

I've said it before, but the achilles heel to the Vision seems to be that b----- Mikuni carb. Lots of custom guys bin the std carbs and look for alternatives. My IDF Weber conversion was very time consuming to do, but would have been basically a bolt on if ready made manifolds were available.
Now I'm shutting up...

Night Vision

yeah, the old bings were pretty simple with the slide and needle clip
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano