News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Welcome To Tennessee Lucky!!

Started by YellowJacket!, July 05, 2006, 09:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Got off the phone with Lucky's wife a little while ago and they were just a few exits from their new home and tired after a long trip down here.  I'll be meeting up with them tomorrow after work and on Friday to help them move some stuff in.
Glad they all made it down here safely.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

great news, let him take your bike for a nice long relaxing ride tomorrow while you unload  ;D

oh, yeah... he said to have a corona and wf burger ready for him when he gets back  :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Sable

Awesome that he and his family made it safely! Any bets that the Vision will be among the first things unpacked ;D?

There couldn't be a more fitting state for Lucky to be in... with all of the time he has Volunteered to help a lot of us out.

~Sable
Bad Cop
No Donut
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

YellowJacket!

I spent the better part of the afternoon today helping Lucky unload his truck.  Thank goodness he brought some cool weather down with him from Rhode Island.  Tems today were unusually mild and humidity was low.
It took a couple hours to get the truck unloaded and the house loaded up.  The last thing to come off the truck was the Vision.  Once we got the bike down lucky did a little dance and we all celebrated with a few Coronas.
Lucky said to say hi to everyone and he will be back on line in a few days.

David

Tiger

:) Houston......Lucky has landed... ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;)

Best wishes to you, your family and your new home....... 8)

;D       TIGER        8)

P.M.your new address....I've got something for you.. :o
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Mutt

THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD! FRAPS ALL AROUND!!  ::)  :)

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

vision_chris

Love your hidden signature, Sable!  ;D

Walt_M.

When I got to Florida in 1982, yankee was a cuss word and damn yankee was one word. Want to know the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee? A damn yankee is a person from the north who is in the South and won't leave!
Whale oil beef hooked!

YellowJacket!

They say around here: Yankees come as tourists and damn yankees stay.

David

Lucky

THANK YOU DAVID!!!
THINGS I'VE LEARNED ABOUT MOVING TO, & LIVING IN, EAST TN:
-Entertainment centers from Walmart will disintergrate after 1000 miles in a freight truck...
-When recieving directions, there are no 'stop lights, traffic lights or signals', they are all 'red lights'
-If i'm going to work on the bike in the car port at night, i need 2 things: a bug light & a bug zapper!
-"down the road a bit" is a 20 min drive.
-I should have paid more attention in spanish class
-you can still find good classic rock on the radio
-Ok, rt 11 past the fountain, left at the old courthouse, over the railroad tracks, a little ways down the road to the Dairy Queen & it's accross the street...Why does that sign say "Welcome to Alabama"!!??

Got tons to do & tons to catch up on in Cyberspace as well, Thanks!,
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

;D Houston, I repeat........Lucky has landed  ;D  ;D  ;D  :D  :D  ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

I can attest to the fact that the most securely and safely packaged item on the truck was the vision.
Knox County IS bigger than Rhode Island ;D
I live down the road aways from lucky...Straight down the somewhat twisty Highway 11 (17 miles), 1 right turn and one left turn and you are there.
Classic Rock - Check out 103.5 WIMZ
You got to Alabama because you went DOWN yonder rather than UP Yonder.
I went through one of those red lights...oops
WELCOME BACK Lucky!

David

bikehandle

What I learned about car ports in the south- If its in a car port it will be stolen. Not if, but when. No matter how big the chain, the thief will have that size chain cutter. They sell chain cutters in the local quick licks so the thief wont be inconvenienced by having to go to wall Mart for the right size to steal your stuff!
god, save me from my fondest wish!

MotorPlow

Hmmm, Is that the same Rt. 11 that runs through these parts? I will have to check some maps.... That would/could be a great road trip, just follow Rt.11 the whole way......   8)

Night Vision

US Rte. 11 is a couple block from my house in NY... goes all the way to Canadia I believe. Was the predecessor of I81in these here parts.
;D

YellowJacket!

Night Vision

US Rte.11 = Brewerton road here  ;)
can't be more than one US Rte #anything I wouldn't think
;D

MotorPlow

Quote from: Night Vision on July 09, 2006, 11:03:43 AM
US Rte. 11 is a couple block from my house in NY... goes all the way to Canadia I believe. Was the predecessor of I81in these here parts.

It was also the predecessor of I81 in these parts of VA also... ?? I know it runs down as far as Radford, VA area and I have been on it as far North as Staunton. Maybe Rt. 11 connects more of us than we think.

Katdiva

Welcome to Tennessee Lucky!
I tried to warn you about those directions...  ::)
May be coming your way in August...  if the 'V' is done by then......  nope, still not on the road yet...  :'(
BUT ... glad you and yours made it safely.
Jan 
Katdiva
To resist the frigidity of old age one must combine the body, the mind and the heart - and to keep them in parallel vigor one must exercise, study and love.       Karl von Bonstetten
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
      Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

MotorPlow

Deep in the back woods of Knox County, TN, a hillbilly's wife went into labor in the middle of the night and the doctor was called out to assist in the delivery. Since there was no electricity, the doctor handed the father-to-be a lantern and said, “Here, you hold this here light high so I can see what I’m doing!”

Soon, a baby boy was brought into the world. “Whoa there,” said the doctor, “Don’t be in such a rush to put that lantern down, I think there’s another one coming!”

Sure enough, within minutes he had delivered a baby girl. “Hold that lantern up! Don’t set it down, there’s another one!” said the doctor.

Within a few minutes, he had delivered a third baby. Once again he cried, “No, don’t be in a hurry to put down that lantern, it seems there’s yet another one coming!”

The hillbilly scratched his head in bewilderment, and asked the doctor, “You reckon it might be the light that’s attractin’ ‘em?”