1983 Fairing Removal

Started by zrx2000, July 24, 2006, 04:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zrx2000

I need to remove the fairing from my '83.  Can anyone recommend a replacement head light assembly?  Searching through past posts it looks as if some people were able to make a Buell assembly fit.  Can you recommend a part number?

Thank you.

Mutt

Crackerkorean has a buell headlight on his. It looks good too! I have yet to see it with it on but he also has the small buell headlight fairing. I've heard of others using a CB 650/750 headlight from the same era.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

motoracer8

You don't need to remove the headlamp when you remove the farring, There is a rubber sealing ring that may be glued to the headlamp shell, carefull cutting with a exacto will free it. The headlamp shell is the same as an 82.

Ken.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

smknjoe1964

Hey There ! Welcome to the site ! Were you going to be selling the 83 fairing ? Is it damaged or were you trying to just fit something else on ?

crackerkorean

I ended up using a head lamp from a CB something or other from the early 80s. I got on ebay and got a 7 1/2" enclosure that uses H4 bulbs.
When I needed it I was building the bike on a shoe string budget but now have a little more breathing room but what I have looks good.
I gotta do something about the headlight brackets though. I might try to find some alternatives we shall see.

Also if your taking the fairings off you wil need the factory headlight bracket if you want to use the square headlight.
I have a buell fairing from a 99' lightning that im going to try to mount this weekend.

haunter

there is a hela h4 for our size headlight
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.