Unofficial SEROV (South East Riders of Vision) UPDATED!!

Started by YellowJacket!, July 25, 2006, 08:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Hi all,

Serendiity, Tailwheel, Lucky and me had a little cookout and get together today.  We all had a great time getting to know the person behind the nickname and avatars and sharing our vision stories.  Of course what would a visit to my house be without my, um Vicki's World Famous Burgers.
I'll just say that we all had a great time, but I'll wait for tailwheel and serendipity to get back home and tell us all about their time at The Dragon.

We took a few pics but there is something wrong with the upload bucket on the website and I can't upload the pictures. ...I'll keep trying.

Take Care,

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

email the pics to me & i'll host them, they gotta see that Harley with.. umm.. well, i'll just let them wait to see the pics...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

MotorPlow

YellowJacket!

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Serendipity

We're home!!! I'm going to write a long and overly-detailed ride/vacation report later, but in a nutshell....we had a GREAT time. The War Mare and I tamed the Dragon (twice!!), piece of cake!!! Well, ok I did have to concentrate, but it wasn't anywhere near as difficult/scary as many (not you guys) had me thinking.

Loved the Fontana Village, really loved the Cherahala Skyway the best, did about 160 plus miles, 4 days in a row. Woo-hoo!

It was so much fun gettting to meet Lucky, DaveTN and his lovely wife Vicki. I tried my best DaveTN to talk her into doing some riding, but no go. ;) Thought maybe some female peer pressure would work, but the force is strong in that one! LOL

Btw, Lucky you were right about the setting of the Crampbuster, it was too high. I readjusted it later and it has made a WORLD of difference for my elbow.

DaveTN, can't wait to put on my new exhuast and risers!!! Love ya!! Btw, the burgers were out of this world!

Patti

Lucky

Glad to here you guys are home safe & sound, btw, how long was the ride between Daves & the Dragon?
TW, i was thinking, we've gotta talk "Dave 'baby-face Tn" into growing a little facial hair!  8)

looking forward to pics!

--Lucky

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Night Vision on July 28, 2006, 08:00:14 PM
where's the pics?

OK, Im a hardware geek rather than software.  I finally figured out how to set up an online album, so here are the pics.   :D

And Daves (Tailwheel) Modified Harley with a vision "Smokestack" Exhaust

It was really nice to meet you guys...um and gal and I hope we can put together a larger SEROV get together this fall.
Disclaimer: "SEROV" pretty muck encompasas the whole part of the south, south east, central and midwest and rest of the country taht does not fall into a ROV rider group and also includes anyone in other ROV rider groups that just wants to come over for a good time.   :)

David

MotorPlow

Stats:
I have had my picture taken in that very same spot.
I have had my picture taken with 2 of those people.
I have had my picure taken with one of those bikes.
I don't know what Dave's Famous Burgers taste like... Vicki's are pretty good.
I don't see Lucky's bike in that picture (?).

tailwheel

We had an excellent vacation! Great weather no and major problems.

Lucky: It took less than 45 minutes to get from Dave's to the Dragon. We were probably traveling a bit slower than average.

We stopped for fuel before leaving Maryville and a couple of locals were wondering  ??? about the Harley Mod  ;D.

Great to meet y'all!
Dave
Piper J-3 cub
John Deere 4110
2005 BMW 1200 LT

Lucky

Quote from: MotorPlow on July 29, 2006, 11:47:15 AM
I don't see Lucky's bike in that picture (?).

Yup, you busted me, i don't really own a Vision, the one in my pics is inflatable, lol

Actually, i was really trying to get it running for their arrival, & almost had it, but didn't know i was missing both main jets....

Night Vision

great pics!...

I had no idea vision pipes would fit a Harley  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

just goes to show what a clever bunch of folks there are on this site  :D
;D

YellowJacket!

Personally, I feel the Harley sounded much better with the Vision pipes "on it".  ;)

David

YellowJacket!

Had another get together at my place today except Vicki was working, so there were no burgers.  :'(  However,  Lucky got his Vision tuned within a hairs breadth of his satisfaction so we actually got to go for a ride together.  My friend Steve, a nurse from work, joined us too with his monster of a bike.  He has a Suzuki VStrom (or is it V storm?) 1100 and brought it along.  Now, I had to include him because he used to own a Radian which is close enough.
Steve met me at my house and we took off down Hwy 11 which is a nice mildly twisty country road, to Luckys place.  Once we got to Lucky's and introductions were exchanged, we took off for about a 50 mile ride back down 11, past my place and on to northshore dr. (131?).  We were going to follow Northshore to I-140 and head to the Yamaha dealer to show them TWO running Visions but it was getting close to rush hour and 140 is somewhat suicidal at that time, so we elected to head back down Northshore to Westland and back to my place for some of Vicki's Iced Tea.
The highlight of the day was when Lucky and I switched bikes for a ride around my neighborhood. YES folks, I got to ride Lucky's bike!!  ;D  ;D  It was a bit different feeling than mine, mainly because of the fairing.  I'm used to seeing my Shark fairing turn with my bars, so it took a bit of getting used to - and some wide turns - before I fealt comfortable.  I noticed that Lucky's bike accelerated much smoother than mine so its time for some carb tuning.  And I also realized that the clutch lever actually is not supposed to feel like a hand exerciser, rather more like grass clippers.  Lucky pointed out that my cable was mis-routed which I later fixed and lubed.  Now I have that grass clipper feeling.  Since I had the tank off and my new cable lube kit, I decided to tackle the throttle cable too which was a bit sticky, and of course improperly routed - a sure sign was my RPM's were shooting up during right turns and dropping way down during left turns.

Of course, a few pictures are in order too:

Take Care all,

David

Serendipity

Lucky: I MUST HAVE THAT SEAT!!!!!!! Good Lord man, that looks comfy!!

DaveTN: Wait...what's this about the clutch is not supposed to give you cramps??? Looks like Dave, I mean I, have some work to do!! Soooo looking forward to putting those risers on this week too!

Lucky

It's actually no more comfy than the stock seat, because the front portion is basicly stock, the pillion has added foam, & i think may be too squishy too hold up a passenger, honestly, i consider it more for looks, lol

one of the ladies, i think it may have been Heather??, once complained about the seat getting hot in an..umm.. uncomfortable spot...  Since moving here, i've noticed that once the bike is fully warmed up, my inner thighs are on fire!!  haven't set out to find the source of the heat yet, but i suspect the rear exhaust, no wonder the R/R craps out back there!!! can't be good for the TCI either..

Night Vision

I recently insulated my '82 tank with the stick on foil backed foam. that helped somewhat with the "crotch rocket"  ::) feeling. 

hmm... do I sense another mod coming out?
louvered sidecovers for the TCI?
ram air induction perhaps?
;D

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Night Vision on August 01, 2006, 05:47:08 PM
I recently insulated my '82 tank with the stick on foil backed foam. that helped somewhat with the "crotch rocket"  ::) feeling. 

hmm... do I sense another mod coming out?
louvered sidecovers for the TCI?
ram air induction perhaps?

Me, Lucky and steve spent some time cooling off and looking at mororcycle parts catalogs.  One of the catalogs had a RAM Air system and I thought....hmmmm, I can make my Vision look like a baby V-Max, stick that puppy on the side, cool the RR and TCI all at once.

David

Mutt

Lucky's bike should be named Shamu with that seat!  :) Maybe some kind of killer whale name.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Tiger

:) YIPEEEE......I just picked up, to-day, my "New" seat. I used the details.... drawing's/picture's, etc from "LUCKY's" site to have a replica made. However, where Lucky's is white, I had mine done in a black "Corbin" material with no piping around the edge for a smooth finish.....Thank's Lucky... 8)

8)       TIGER        8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!