Took a nice ride today....

Started by NewVisionGuy, August 03, 2006, 03:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewVisionGuy

hey guys...  I just wanted to thank you all again.  Today  I took the V  out for it's first ride around town.  I stopped by the bank, the local Ice cream shop, and the parts store (picked up some various fluids, and gasket material), and then rode to work.   All went well  except for a little trouble with the  idle  which I adjusted the idler screw and  got home.  I discovered that I have an exhaust leak at the rear manifold.   Engine sounded  good except for some sputtering from time to time and  some backfiring in the pipes when running at traffic speeds (only happened a couple times  over a period of about 3 hours).  Probably just needs some more tweaking with the carbs.  Overall,  the bike gradually seemed to get better as I rode it.  The lag that I felt before  seems to have all but disappeared for the most part.  Had good power throughtout the ride.    This is all with the YICS completely removed from the system.  The gasket material I picked up is going to fix that  hopefully and then it might run even better.  The whole time I was riding, all I could think was....  "this is progress"    Thanks Lucky and Motorplow for getting me started. 

P.S.   does anyone know where I can get the exhaust gaskets other than from Sirius Conic.   I'm not up for waiting on Customs to clear my packages again. (Took 3 weeks to deliver)  I'd like to get the exhaust fixed ASAP.

NewVisionGuy

The mirrors  were in my room until  I took it out today to ride.  I didn't want them to get broken in a freak accident or something.  ;)

d0n

Brian_Matthewson

Is that fender on backwards???  ???
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

NewVisionGuy

Don't think it's ever been off the bike... 

Night Vision

fender is correct, angle of pic does make it look kind of long. if it were on backwards, you'd have the "struts" in front of the fender. it looks like it has the backwards "c" shape in front of the forks

hey, check out the Gallery... new pics!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano