Movie Worlds Fastest Indian

Started by supervision, July 31, 2006, 08:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supervision

Alright, this is worth watching, anybody seen it?  Very good job of telling a great story, not Hollywooded at all.   Dave
" border="0

Tdub

I have watched it 4 or 5 times...cool movie...even the sound effects were right on...movie first I think lol
Always Looking for the Next Race

supervision

Tdub, I should have known, of course you saw it!   I got it again last night, and Barb and I watched it. That boy was serious..   maybe a Vision should  be prepared for an atempt on that record.  we could get Chris Carr to ride it..   your right about the sound effects, I was playing it thought my sound system, it was a great job of portraying the story.
" border="0

Ron_McCoy

Yeah , its great.  A friend of mine in the Indian club gave me a bootleg.  I've watched it numerous times andwill watch it many more.

VisionMeister

The movie is entertaining, but not very true to the real story.
Very compressed to make it into a reasonable length movie.
Covered his first trip to the salt and his last all in one.
Buy the DVD with the original documentary on Burt Monroe and you'll see the real guy that Anthony Hopkins based the character on.
It was great to see the streamliner spin it up on the salt though.
Wonder who got to drive it?

Mutt

Indian is opening a new plant and sales office in Kings Mountain, NC soon. I like it with the exception of the front fender. I figure I could adapt a Harley (sorry Kia  :-X) fender to it some how. Maybe even cut one down. They're big suckers.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

ShaneSpring

It's great to hear that everyone is watching a good Kiwi Movie about a great motorcycling legend in these parts. one of the best things about the movie is Anthony Hopkins and his great acting. As a Kiwi he sounds like he has no accent at all(well... he sounds like a southlander from invercargill). so I guess it's spot on.
It's a great story and I can't wait for the Vision speed trials  ;D

Ron_McCoy

The guy who rode it is a stuntman named Myke Schwartz.
Free 2 Wheel, available at Cyclegear, had a nice story on him and his experiences making the movie in their Feb. issue. Not much on the replica bike they used though.  He said it was the most difficult bike to ride that he had ever ridden and he is stone motorcycle fanatic since childhood.