"New" seat installed.....

Started by Tiger, August 01, 2006, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) YIPEEEE......I just picked up, to-day, my "New" seat. I used the details.... drawing's/picture's, etc from "LUCKY's" site to have a replica made. However, where Lucky's is white, I had mine done in a black "Corbin" material with no piping around the edge for a smooth finish.....Looks Grrrrreat..... ;D :D ;)Thank's Lucky...

8)       TIGER        8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

that's not piping, it's double stiched.

yeah, need pics!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

:) Tomorrow....... 8) it's kinda dark outside  ;D ;D ;D ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

ps2/bikevision

tiger seat looks very good. how about we just swap and you can do it again ;D since your soo good at it :D

Night Vision

hmmmm..... I just must bring that not-so-nos seat I have with me next week end
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

crackerkorean

That looks great!!!!

The only thing I worry about is how high the back is. Lucky how does the SO like yours.
My wife actually really likes the stock seat but I would like to make is a little more sportier looking.

Here you go tiger.

h2olawyer

The seat & bike graphics look G-R-R-R-R-R-E-A-T!   :D  (couldn't resist)

I like the monochrome look with the two types of material.  Really goes well with that black & orange theme.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

I Love the seat Tiger. The Keychain looks great too! -Go Vols!-
Your bike has turned out absolutely beautiful. Great job!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

Cracker, my wife doesn't ride (which is ok, the bike is my 'me' time). it's all foam under there, & i doubt it's much support, i think with regular use the foam might shift under the cover..  if you wanted to do that for a passanger, i think you'd have to build up the seat pan somehow first.  another option would be to have 2 seats & just swap seats....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

8) Thanks guys.......I have to admit....I'm kinda proud of my Vision ::) ;D :D ;)
She has come a long way from the stock silver, naked "V" I bought last year. The seat cost me $150.00 (CDN), but I think it was well worth the money. However, the key chain really set's her apart ;D ;D ;D :D ;)...A present from DaveTN....Thanks Dave. Thanks C_K for posting the picture's....I'm not really computer savvy ::) ;D :-[

8)       TIGER        8)

d0n

hfarley

Wow Tiger that bike looks awesome!!

So where do I get in line to get a number to have you redo my bike? LOL! You know something? No matter what color and ROV'r paints their bike it always looks good!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

vavision

Tiger-

I can't remember, did you paint the bike yourself?
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

Tiger

Quote from: vavision on August 03, 2006, 02:59:30 PM
Tiger-

I can't remember, did you paint the bike yourself?

:o NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, paid a shop, who bought a spray booth from me, to do ALL the repair/prep'/spray work. The guy is great with "Plastic's".....He does alot with Honda's/Mazda's/Accura's, etc, for the boy racer's....... ;D ;D.

Tiger

:) UP-DATE.......I took the Vision for a run on Sunday, first one since installing the new seat...120km (75 miles) outing....SUPERB looks & comfortable. Had a lot of positive feed back....... 8)

;D       TIGER        8)