News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

carb issues -- recommendations

Started by roadstar, August 02, 2006, 01:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuel Issue.

High speed fuel starvation?
1 (100%)
Too much fuel?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: August 05, 2006, 01:09:42 PM

hfarley

Diiference between the NEROV and the SEROV?? Well... we are all a bit crazy at times but some of us are crazier than the others.  ;) :P(I'll let you figure out whose crazier LOL!) ;D

Seriously though, welcome to the site! Lots and lots of info here and a bunch of really great people. You will get all kinds of suggestions for any vision issues that you could come across. Welcome and good luck with your ride!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

roadstar

Well Heather - I guess I'll have to come and hang with both North and South and see just who is truly crazier!! :) I've found that most motorcycle people are a whole lot more fun to be around than most other folks. I guess that's why I have so many different bikes -- there's always someone, riding something, to go play with. I've had more fun on this website in the six days that I've owned this ride than any bike/club/website that I've been associated with before. Thanks for taking the time to welcome me to the club! I look forward to meeting everyone in the day to come.

Time for me to go and mount the trusty V and head for home -- ride safe everyone! See ya all later tonight!

Jeff

d0n

Quote from: haunter on August 03, 2006, 11:34:11 AM
the hook for the seat is by the handle to the right of the lock

yup, I went through that too. I thought it would just pop open when I turned the key. You have to turn the key and pull on the little handle at the same time.

roadstar

It was driving me insane! I'll owned many motorcycles and was beginning to wonder if I suddenly had become mechanically inept!

Thanks for the help -- I got it open only to find "New" wires and flat blade fuses had been added -- I wonder what surprises that will lead to?

Roadstar

Mikey

I'm new to this "Vision" too, bought an 82 for my girlfriend as a learner. Bike was a none runner for the right price, and unique too.
Anyway I have rebuilt the carbs, Keyster kits, all the passages are clear to the best of my knowledge and the float heights are the same (I don't have a Haynes manual, a factory one instead), I know they need to be synced, but what should I start with on the air/idle screws, guessed at 1 1/2 turns. The only way it idles (if thats what I can call it), is with the idle stop turned all the way in, and then it bogs terrible until you manage to get it to rev up.
Any help would be appreciated  THANKS.

Night Vision

I think it depends on what air pilot jets are in the top of the carb throats. I have 130 front, 135 rear with the air box mod.

some say mixture screws 2.5 front / 4.5 rear , mine is more like 5.25 front / 2 rear... go figure  ???

try both 2.5 - 3 turns out from lightly seated... sync the carbs......
then try adjusting them halfway between rich and lean. screw the front in until it starts to run rough, turn out until it runs rough (count the turns be tween the two extremes) put it halfway, maybe out an 1/8.

repeat for the rear.... check the sync.... repeat as necessary.

this is assuming that all the other bits and parts are up to snuff... vac lines, YICS, charging system... etc.

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano