News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

fairing question

Started by 69shovel, August 07, 2006, 03:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69shovel

does anyone know what kind of fairing is on the vision on this page http://www.benvanhelden.nl/Condorclub/xz550/XZ550startpagina.html (second one from the bottom-kind of a graphite with a white stripe) i really like it. it looks different from most of the fairings i've seen..... thanks!
-jay
69 chevelle
98 suburban
82 vision

h2olawyer

That looks a lot like a Hannigan fairing.  There are a couple of them in the gallery section, but this one looks like the windscreen has had some modifications.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

haunter

that is pretty sweet looking
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Sable

I say... I have seen some of those bikes somewhere before....

If I could only remember where :-\

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

Lucky

Quote from: Sable on August 07, 2006, 06:06:49 PM
I say... I have seen some of those bikes somewhere before....

If I could only remember where :-\

~Sable

"used without permission" lol
Yup, that's a Hannigan fairing.

The only person i've ever known with one Jason Morris (pics in the gallery) he said he eventually took it off because the buffeting at highway speeds was terrible. he sold it to someone here, I think Jeff Stobie.... (whatever happened to him?)

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Extent

There's a lot of neat stuff there.  I love that fairing, if only my first one had worked out so well.  Is it an older design?  It dosen't look anything like what Hannigan is marketing now.

That's a really slick looking rearset too.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

69shovel

whoops-just realized extent had asked the same question. what exactley is buffeting? thanks
-jay
69 chevelle
98 suburban
82 vision

h2olawyer

Buffetting is the nasty airflow that comes over the windscreen, knocking your head around or creating a loud booming noise in the helmet.  Very uncomfortable.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

69shovel

69 chevelle
98 suburban
82 vision

Kenny

This is not one of Dave Hannigans Fairings,it is possibly a European or British Fairing. All of the Hannigan Fairings look similar to the one on my Green 82 pictured in the Gallery,they differ in size.The pictured in the RoV gallery is a SS or super sport they also made a larger ST model. Excellent protection even better than my R100rs fairing.
                          Ride Safe Kenny
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92