Carb Size

Started by crackerkorean, August 15, 2006, 03:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackerkorean

Just curious what the carb size is on our bike.
My friend that helped me out with rebuilding my carbs said that we (him and I) should try to fit some other carbs.
He came up with one idea but I need to know what size we have and if these other carbs should work.

Also in a conversation with lucky he said that ours are too big for the bike. Just letting gears turn in the head right now.

louthepou

Do a few searches in this forum. You'll find very, very detailed discussions that'll teach you everything you ever wanted to know about the Vision carbs - and then a lot more.

Bottom line, though (which seems to be a consensus among most of us): properly tuned Vision carb with an engine in good shape = best combination.

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Coil Coyle

Hey Kracker!
It's good to hear that you're still here!
;)

Coil

Lucky

Actually, what i think i said was that our carbs draw too much air at mid throttle untill fuel flow catches up.  that's what the airbox flapper does: reduces airflow when the throttle is snapped open
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

:) Nothing wrong with a good clean, well synced set of regular Vision carbs... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!