Carbs again .... Im carbfused !!!

Started by smknjoe1964, August 15, 2006, 11:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smknjoe1964

Starting on another set of carbs .Looking thru the manuel confusies me more ! Bike Idles fine , but when you put it in gear to take off it bogs down and dies . I can get it to move some buy holding in the clutch .  I got the carbs out now I could use some advise . The pilot airs are the jets on top right ? one of them was a 127 and the other was a 135 . Are those the ones I should change to 135s ? Where is the factory preset jets located ? Are there other jets that should be changed ? Ive looked and took in info from here and the manuel and I think Ive just gotten more confused  ??? easier to understand explanations would sure help out  :)

Superfly

Stock setting for the v are 122.5 front, 127.5 rear, and 130's for the air jets (on top).  Many forum members (including myself) have switched the 130 to 135. 

Sounds like the jets are mixed up, and sometimes when you kick it into gear and it dies, it could be the sidestand switch also. 
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

h2olawyer

If we're talking about an 82, the top jets are the pilot air jets.  Mine are both 135s.  They came with 130s stock.  The front main jet is a 122.5 & the rear is a 127.  Looks like someone didn't pay attention when they were taken apart at some time.  The dealer in Steamboat changed the pilot air jets when they did the carb fix as per tech bulletin.  The larger air jets were to compensate for the higher elevation but people at lower altitudes also say the larger jets work better.

Hope this helps!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.