Main Menu

one of my toys

Started by d0n, August 22, 2006, 04:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d0n

This thing's pretty cool. It's a 1976 alsport trisport trike. Originally it had a 5hp briggs engine in it. I just put a 6.5hp honda clone in it. It's retro fun!  :) :D

Anyone remeber these?

Night Vision

can it cut grass? Dixie Chopper... now those look like a blast!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Mutt

It's a motorized lawn chair! I'll bet it'll wheelie!

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Kevin

It's wheelie time!!! I remember these, a buddy had one with a bigger motor than that. It was kinda hard on the kidneys. 8) 

Kevin

I rember now, his was a Rupp.

Kevin

I remember now, his was a Rupp.

kiawrench

i have not seen those in a long ,long ,long time,,, had one when i was in jr high school!!  circa 197? !!

Mine was from Otasco,it was called a mtd mudbug , you could get the 5, or 10 hp models, friction disc and spring type drive clutch,, rpm moved the clutch into use. ran good, fast , but no real brakes to speak of ,, i can think of a time or ten i used the steps to my mom's house to stop

d0N, can you photograph that from all sides, esp the drive unit?  that has the look of a winter project to me,, i have a wrecked go kart, and with a few tweaks and some slick welding , can have one built and running before the spring bike rally. the addition of a set of lights and a battery carrier, could actually tag it as a moped and ride it along the main drag with all of the other strange rides that run in the spring .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

Oh Yeah..... Heres my next project!

More power....urgh urgh urgh

Heh heh heh, just kidding.  Its a project that some guy who built a jet powered VW Beetle is working on.

Hey Lucky, Be CAREFUL....You can really burn your leg on them suckers.   ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian Moffet

I can just picture the assymetric thrust should one of those puppies go out!  :o

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Vision Rising on September 01, 2006, 10:21:51 AM
I can just picture the assymetric thrust should one of those puppies go out!  :o

It would definitely "turn on a dime".  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

tailwheel

Quote from: Vision Rising on September 01, 2006, 10:21:51 AM

when I got my multi engine rating (airplane) it was not about how well you flew the airplane in a normal condition, it was how you could handle one engine out!
Dave
Piper J-3 cub
John Deere 4110
2005 BMW 1200 LT