News:

Main Menu

83 carb question

Started by haunter, August 29, 2006, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haunter

will they work with an 82 tank just fine or are there clearance issues?
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

h2olawyer

No problem with the tank but you will have rear engine mount clearance problems & the bottom of the air box is different on 83s as well.  83 carbs also have a fuel return line to the tank & the 82 tank has no fitting to accept the line.  You would need to figure out some way to accomodate the fuel return line.  The 83 jetting is also set up for the smaller inside diameter front exhaust pipes of the 83.

Those are the main issues of using 83 carbs on an otherwise stock 82.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

haunter

hmmm

may not be worth picking them up........for me atleast
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

haunter

Quotethe carbs are ok but are missing the floats and will require a cleaning(or rebuild) the tank is ok, has some scratches and 1 fair sized dent it will probably need to be Kreemed and painted as well,

newrivercyclesalvage on ebay

he has an 83 he thinks is an 82, no fairing though

just dont go after the forks/triples or exhaust, I want atleast the exhaust if he doenst want a billion dollars for it

Lucky

can't seem to find it, care to post a link plz?
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

haunter

Quote from: Lucky on August 29, 2006, 09:30:43 PM
can't seem to find it, care to post a link plz?

only some of them are up so far, I realized after he posted dual disc brakes for an 82 he prolly had an 83, he is slowly posting the bike up I guess

Brian Moffet

I noticed that someone had a left and right (!!!) 82 brake set, and I was going to comment here on it.  That type of thing only happens on an 83.

Brian

haunter

Quote from: Vision Rising on August 30, 2006, 12:58:51 AM
I noticed that someone had a left and right (!!!) 82 brake set, and I was going to comment here on it.  That type of thing only happens on an 83.

Brian

thats the one