Replacing my Sprint ST

Started by zore, September 01, 2006, 07:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

So I'm looking at my current options for my sprint replacment.  It was my main comuter and will be hard shoes to fill.  I was toying with the following.

Another silver 03 sprint st with 2100 miles on it for 6700
An 05-06 sprint st 7000 - 11000
05-06 triumph speed triple 9000-10000
06 Daytona 675 9000ish
95-96 ducati 900ss 4500 or so
03 silver zx6r 3700 + go get it in alabama
Get nothing and ride the xz and monster more

The more I think about it the more I want the 675.  I'm not sure why but that thing just looks sexy.  My problem with the xz is that it's not reliable and will never be reliable.  My monster is just uncomfortable because I made it like that.  I don't know much about the new sprints other than they look cool in red.  The speed triple is just like my monster.

The 03 probably makes the most sense.  I already have all the aftermarket goodies i woudl want.  It put out about 108 hp to the rear wheel and gets 55 to 60mpg.  It can haul all my stuff with the hard bags.  I think it's pretty easy choice, but I still want teh 675.  :)
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

haunter

675's are HOT!

older FJ's are pretty sweet and cheaper too
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Night Vision

zore; you've said it yourself: 600 class won't pull the the skim off puddin'

you know you won't be satisfied until you launch off one of these... I hear 162hp is very addictive ;D ;D

ps... dibs on your V? I've got it's pipes  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Mutt

05/06 ST! I hear they're even better against deer strikes!  :-X

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

MotorPlow

You need an ST... I sure wish I had one.

zore

Althought I havne't ridden one myself, the 675 is supposed to have more midrange given the higher displacement and 3cyl.  I am a huge fan of 3cyl now. 
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900