News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Am I crazy?

Started by Big_Ross, October 29, 2004, 12:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

Ross , I'm sorry you chickend out! I've had mine for five years and 21000 mles and only had to push it once. The electric leg is VERY reliable and dosen't eat your right leg. I swore off kick start levers a long time ago!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

redxz550inoz

hey Big_Ross!
fellow Aussie  here (way over in WA)
while not exactly common in our great land, I've managed to pick up three (more or less) complete bikes - all $300 each and one rebuilt motor (think that was about $200)
People just don't know what they've got in this bike!
The last one I bought is only just out of license coz the guys wife reckoned it had too much power for her and it just sat in his shed.
I really only wanted the exhaust but after lookin at her sittin on my back verandah I've decided to have a go at repairing the old exhaust and adding her to my running stable  :D
Just gotta know where to look and be in the right place at the right time for spares I guess (although, you'd be competing with silicontoad for em over there  ;D )
Guess what I'm sayin is don't disregard just coz she's not common!
That's what I love about my girls - I don't know anyone else that rides one.
Having said that tho, some parts are a tad difficult to get hold of - ahh well, ya get that

red

W2USN

Also a newbie here. Bought a hybrid. A mechanic bought two visions for $100 each. He combined parts and sold the result to me. All the leftover parts were in the deal. The only thing he kept was the engine which went into a gokart.

After a few hours of searching I have found just about everything anyone could care to learn abut the 550 right down to the last nut, bolt and screw.

Most important things I have learned so far is to get rid of connectors and hard wire electric system to avoid a fused stator.

Rust proof gas tank. Seems like a problem with dissimilar metals.

Good luck

Extent

A V powered gokart, I'ld love to see pictures of that ;D.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

Superfly

I would love to drive that!!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Big_Ross

Just to round out this thread, I got the RD350A very cheaply, so I'll be busy for maybe the next two years.  Perhaps then, I'll be back.  Enjoy yourselves guys! Great site!