E-bay...GOOD OR !!!

Started by Tiger, September 10, 2006, 10:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) I read this from Motorplow......

"I have yet to be burned on eBay. Does it have something to do with my screen name...? Dunno.Chris,MotorPlow...Subpoena"
....and it got me thinking.....what are your experience's with e-bay???

I have bought a variety of thing's, mainly for my toy's.... ::) , snowmobile, car and "V".
For me, it has been a successful experience.
My latest "buy" being a set of Tour Master saddlebags from a guy in CA for only $35.00 (Cdn) and $10.00 shipping....they arrived with-in 5 days via snail mail!!!

::)  What do you think of e-bay.......???

???       TIGER        8)     
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

haunter

love it!  I have never had a bad experience with it
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

kiawrench

the idea of e-bay is great, the execution of e-bay needs more work.

a banned seller can establish a new identity in  a matter of minutes,complete with a long standing history of sales, complete with buyer comments- all with a ten dollar 1.2 mb  program
I only use e-bay to establish a fair market price for items i want. then i buy the item elsewhere. there may be a time when that changes, but until then, it is a good pricing tool ,and only that .

anyone remember my buying an engine for a vulcan 88 ? got a box of parts ,most of which were worn to point of being useless--- e-bay never was able to id the seller, -- entire account was a fake ,
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

zore

I have been doing more selling than buying on ebay as of late.  I have only had a hand full of no pays but other wise good experience.  I've generally had much worse experiences buying off forums.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

h2olawyer

I don't do much, but all my eBay experiences have been very positive.  Got nearly all the 83 upgrade gear for my 82 that way.  Always good communication with sellers & fast shipping.  Once. I was sent an 82 rear shock when I had bid on an 83.  I sent it back & received the 83 within a few days, along with a sincere apology.  Normally, I try to deal with people who have had their account for a long time & have excellent favorable ratings.  I know these aren't always accurate, but they do help.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

I have only had two bad experiences with ebay worth mentioning.  The first one was a seller hit me with an unpaid item strike even after I paid via paypal.  It took MONTHS to resolve.  I sent screenshors of my paypal to ebay, screenshots of my bank roster showing the debit and even a copy of the email from the seller saying "Thank you for your prompt payment".  After ebay was satisfied that I proved that I paid for the item, they dropped the strike, however, the seller continued to hound me by email for weeks...until I changed my email.  Since he is no longer a registered seller, he was unable to contact me through ebay.
The second was kind of silly. I bought an original XZ toolkit from a seller but during the transaction, they canceled their ebay and paypal accounts.  Since they canceled their paypal before I paid, I wasn't able to pay for the item. After not hearing from them for several days, I requested their contact info.  Their (cell)phone was disconnected and they had a PO Box address.  I decided to file an "item not recieved" and finally got quite a few nasty emais from the seller.  I told her I couldn't pay unless she still ahd paypal and she told me to mail a check.  So, I mailed a LETTER to her PO BOX and it was returned as undeliverable...I figured that and that is why I didn't include the check..  Contacted her again through ebay and after she accused me of burning her (I hadn't recieved the toolkit) she said she would send it.  I told her to send me the correct address so I could mail her a check.  A few days later the tool kit arrived and the return address was "friday  xxxxx k 54962"  There was no street name, an unreadable number, no city or state and just a zip code.  So I tried again to call, mail and contact her, escaleated my claim through ebay explaining that I can't pay her unless she sends me an address or responds to me.
The last email I sent her was telling her that If she didn't send me the correct address, I would not be responsible for paying her.  Haven't heard from her since.  Also, looking at her profile, she seems to have done the same to others but on more large ticket items.   ???  >:(

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

George R. Young

Pretty good experience in general, I tend to buy and sell small ticket items.

glennw

BIG PLUS!
Items much better represented (as to condition) that any other place I have purchased..
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Walt_M.

Nearly all good experience on ebay. I have encountered a couple of rigged bids and avoid those a**holes! I got an R1 fuel pump from one of them though and he was slow to send it. The price was ok, even with the rig, but I mentioned it in my feedback and he gave me negative feedback! And I paid with paypal when the auction ended. Some people are just jerks.
Whale oil beef hooked!

vavision

I bought a set of rims off ebay for the V. It said it had like new tires on it. Took them 3.5 weeks to arrive and found out that he'd charged me an extra $15 than he'd paid to ship it. I asked him about it and he refunded me $15. So far so good. The next day when it's light out I got around to taking the tires out of the box and low and behold the tires are dry rotted, cracked and don't hold air. So I write to him and say that this is not what he represented. He wouldn't respond after a week of trying and contacting ebay. I gave him negative feedback and he went crazy. He even went back to other items that I'd purchased from him and added on bad comments. It looked like a tantrum and Ebay refunded my money when I complained to them but I still have the negative feedback.

I sold a 78 gs 750 on ebay. Had lots of guys come over to see it and it went for $1400+. The guy who won hadn't seen it in person and bid last minute. When he came over to get it he told me that it wasn't worth that much and he wasn't going to pay that much for it. I told him to leave and he started demanding the bike since he'd put down a $500 nonrefundable deposit. After a long run around he ended up not paying for the bike. I sold it to the second highest bidder for $1350 and kept the origional deposit.

Ebay stuck up for me both times. It was pretty nice.
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.