From kind of cool looking to just plain ugly.

Started by zore, September 11, 2006, 07:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

So with the temps starting to drop and me leaving in the wee hours of the morning, I've decided I needed some wind protection.  Out came the ducati bikini fairing which most of you may have seen. Exhibit A.

Seeing as my dearly departed sprint is getting the hook tomorrow, I figured it no longer needed the Triumph touring wind screen i had hanging in the garage.  I must say this was very little work and it shows it, but it may do the job well.  Ugly exhibit B.

I believe it is functional but if I wake up tomorrow and notice that it got uglier, I'll have to yank it off.  We'll see.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

YellowJacket!

Just remember...form follows function.  :D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

VisionaryDan

I don't think it looks too bad. It's red and it will block the wind.
If it keeps you warm that's all that matters. I'd use it.

Dan

YellowJacket!

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

and if the style catches on, it'll be a Ducamaha Phenomina!

put the rock down.....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Lucky

from the "Somebody please just shoot me now!" dept:

if you saw a Native American riding one of these in the midwest it would be:
A Chipawa on a Ducamaha Phenomina in Omaha...

What's that clicking noise?....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Serendipity

I think it looks cool! What's so ugly about it?

But what do I know, I put hibiscus flowers on my V.  ;) Which I happen to LOVE...so pphhbbbbttttt!!!! :P Btw, pics coming later today.

Patti

don_vanecek

Well I wish he was in Omaha, I've yet to see another V rider in my state. Zore that still looks better then the Vetter "Bullitt" I put on my bike many years ago. I'm not sure just what bikes my little Vetter was meant for but it wasn't a V. I have however adapted it to work just like you have.

zore

Yeah, I had a black fairing that was Xtremely ugly.  The bikini fairing with the original wind screen from ducati looks great.  It's the bottom pic that you may not be able to see too well.  The Triumph wind screen makes it's way up to my neck.  Very functional as I've ridden to work in 50f weather but not real pretty.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Mutt

You can always cut it down and put a protector strip across the top to make it look factory. That's what I did with the stock wind screen on mine.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

zore

I put the shorter ducati screen back on and some new mirrors since the ones i had on their were junk. 
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900