82 vs 83 stators - question

Started by YellowJacket!, September 11, 2006, 09:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Are the 82 and 83 stators the same?  I got one on ebay last week and realized in the title it said "83 XZ550".  I was wanting to hold on to it as a spare, so will it work on an 82?
Thanks

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Mutt

Quote from: Lucky on September 11, 2006, 10:24:11 PM
identical

Right down to it's burn out threshold of 2K miles!  :-\

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

h2olawyer

Quote from: Mutt on September 11, 2006, 10:53:23 PM
Quote from: Lucky on September 11, 2006, 10:24:11 PM
identical

Right down to it's burn out threshold of 2K miles!  :-\

Mutt

2K miles!?!  That's double what I got from my first replacement stator.   ::)  The one that replaced it now has 4K on it.  Charging fine (still knocking on wood).

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

NewVisionGuy

I guess  it's  possible  to get  more.   I've  got  about  9.5K  on the original  stator.  I think  most of you know that I just  lost my  R/R  a couple weeks  ago though. 

Brian Moffet

I got 40,612 miles on mine. I haven't checked it yet, and probably won't because it seemed to be working fine.

Brian

louthepou

The stator I am running in my red Vision probably has more than 15k km on it. I bet it has to do with the fact that I live in a colder environment... ???

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic