thanks for the warm welcomes

Started by GT @ oh., September 12, 2006, 02:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT @ oh.

Greg from Ohio here just posting to be posting. I'll probably always be a newbie here,(never having the know how of Lucky and others here ,or the riding hours and typing skils of Tiger ,not to mention a V like his) but I will log on and read all I can.I'll try to make rides if at all possible.As far as my V goes I have not had many of those probs since its under 8k .It would always pull the tire up from 1 st to 2 nd and easily do whellies or hole shots.I have had to redo fusebox  and it heated up before but let it cool and OTRA. Of all my possesion my V has been around the longest (strange)so now I feel I owe it to her and you guys to keep her going strong.With some help from Lucky ,who I will be in touch with soon(hopefully) and you all ,I hope to keep her another 20+ years(only riding her more often:)    Listening in Greg.           

don_vanecek

Glad to have you Greg, many of us were just readers for quite awhile.

Welcome!

ps2/bikevision

QuoteIt would always pull the tire up from 1 st to 2 nd and easily do whellies or hole shots

wow, my vision will pull hard off the line and snap your head back but ive never heard of anyone doing wheelies with one. that i would like to see.  ive tried to do a wheelie with mine right after i got it and i couldnt get it too. thats one of the things i like about the vision, you can dump the clutch and you know she is going to take off and not just sit there and spin, or go endo on you. its funny but i can take off faster on my vision than i can of my fzr 600.

as far as being a newbie dont sweat it. we were all newbies at one time. just keep reading the forum and keep working on your bike and before you know it you too will be a vision gooroo.

Lucky

I've wheelied my V, but with the small ft end i don't reccomend it, esp if you have a fairing.

the first time i had just finished a carb rebuild for one of you guys, and had it on my bike to tune it. i went to the long straightaway near my house, tweaked the pilots & was reving it a bit when my hand slipped off the clutch, up it came! i had the presence of mind not to stomp the rear brake.  the second time i wheelied was 5 min later  ;)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Mutt

Welcome to the forum Greg!

I've done a wheelie a couple times on mine, keep in mind I didn't want to. I haven't done one in a long time but when she's tuned its no problem gettting it up!  :-X

OK no comments please!

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Superfly

This is a pretty different forum.  There are a lot of nice, helpful people here, not trying to show off or flaunt their knowledge like other forums.  The main goal here is to keep as many Visions on the road as possible.  Welcome.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

ps2/bikevision

thats it now im gonna have to go retune my carbs. ive poped the clutch a few times trying to bring the front end up. guess my carbs arent as tuned as i thought they were.

Tiger

:) Hi Greg,
Nice to touch base with you again....Thank's for the kind word's....As Superfly posted, this forum is designed by Vision owner's FOR Vision owner's, so we can ALL benifitt from this superb piece of engineering. Welcome to our "Family"... 8)

p.s. Part you required went out to-day via air mail, Thank-you.

8)       TIGER        8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!