News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Commuting on the bike and other thoughts

Started by crackerkorean, September 14, 2006, 10:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackerkorean

Well I rode the bike into work today and I have to say that itl be on rare occasion that I will do this.
I really enjoy riding any motorcycle (two wheels and a motor (even if its me) and im there).

I hated sitting in traffic and having to feather the cluth in first to move 10 ft. Living in norther atlanta burbs I have to do this alot on the way to work.

One a good note. I really do not suffer from bad helmet hair. I had two people this morning ask if I got a hard cut. I gues thats a good thing.
I am looking forward to going home though, get to take the long way home through the country and wont have to deal with traffic as much.
You ask why I didnt take this way into work well there is one light that gets backed and you literally sit for 15 minutes but in the afternoon I get off early enough that I do not have ot mess with this.

Also the inlaws (if you guys have been following whats going on they moved in with me) are looking at an air stream today. If they purchase it I am sure they will be leaving in a few weeks. This means that I can get the V back into the garage and work on it as a rainy day project.

Anybody want to sort the carb out for me  ;D ;D

And when I get it running again I will have two bikes to ride.

zore

I put 41,000 miles on my sprint in 2.5 years and 36k of which was commuting to work.  I like the shaft drive for traffic, definelty smoother but as long as the chain is maintained it's not too bad.  As for helmet hair, I pretty much soak my head in the sink every morning when i get to work.  I keep a brush and gell here as well as shoes.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900