Main Menu

wierd.........

Started by haunter, September 14, 2006, 01:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haunter

idling through the parking lot at work to park........

loud odd sounding POP and now the bike barely idles and sounds different and slightly louder

the vacumn cap on the rear cylinder for the YICS BLEW OFF the bike while idling......    ???

82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Extent

maybe a backfire through the intake.  The YICS is never under pressure otherwise.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

Lucky

when my YICS was breifly capped off i had 2 small lengths of hose with ball bearings in them. i popped one out at idle too. thought it was in tight..  slathered some sillicone on it & it was fine after that.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

haunter

Quote from: Lucky on September 14, 2006, 10:57:24 PM
when my YICS was breifly capped off i had 2 small lengths of hose with ball bearings in them. i popped one out at idle too. thought it was in tight..  slathered some sillicone on it & it was fine after that.

I blame the exhaust leak on the rear cylinder at the clamps.........speaking of, stealership soulda got that copper ring in by now, and they havent called me  >:(
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.