smooth.......stutter......smooth

Started by simcha, September 14, 2006, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simcha

Finally got my XZ back on the road and all is well. Well very nearly. Except that between approx 3500 and 4500 the bike stutters and miss fires and then revs cleanly up to the red line. Its Ok below this rpm band too. I have cleaned the carbs in an ultrasonic bath during the rebuild along with new plugs/ HT leads and caps. I need to check and balance the carbs but would this show as symptons like this? Could it be an air leak, pehaps in the YICS?

haunter

I think you need to adjust the pilot jet's  ???
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

BikeNut

Synch the carbs and adjust the pilot jets.  Also check the YICS chamber.  If it's bad they can be cut apart and fixed, or like I was VERY suprised to find out...they are still available NEW!!!! from Yamaha!!!!!!!!!!!  And way shinier than my old one...

admin

ditto on that, I bought one for mine about 4 years ago, and it's still nice
and shiny.

Lucky

Really! how much? new or NOS? (NOS will leak as DaveTn found out)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on September 14, 2006, 11:03:02 PM
Really! how much? new or NOS? (NOS will leak as DaveTn found out)

Yup.  Came in Yamaha OEM package and leaked worse than my 23 year old one.  Had to crack it open and seal it up.  Works great now and looks nice and shiney.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)