News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Jet chart - The effect at different throttle openings

Started by per_w_aberg, July 14, 2014, 03:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

per_w_aberg

That's a big step for a jet but a small step for me :) I made a qualified guess. It hardly revved up on ~20% throttle so I knew I was way off. The way I see it its better to start with a big brush. Jets are cheap and I sort of wanted to start on the far end. Its a bit like tuning the suspension on a enduro bike. If you go 1 click you have to darn clever to notice any change jumping around in the woods. Starting big and narrow it down just suits me I guess. I actually got some 90's to!

vl5150

I have the micro drill bits here to get the pilot up to a 70.  Haven't done it yet though.  USPS lost the package and it was a mess, but that's another story.

pinholenz

Thanks for the tuning sequence POD. Nice logical way of tweaking the jets.

Time to put Bessie back on the road again after the winter layoff. I am determined to beat the bog this season, then maybe start to tidy her up a bit. Not too much mind!

Per, have you put pods on the BD34's? Any close-up photographs of your set-up?

Thanks
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

The Prophet of Doom

It has always been my opinion that if your bike is stock, then changing from the factory jetting is probably not necessary.
I'd go for a good sync first, then cleanliness, and if you still have a bog then look at your accelerator pump.

Semi synth oil and iridium plugs also helps incredibly for a smooth running and happy bike.