News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

float

Started by Dempsey, October 04, 2006, 08:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dempsey

My float seems to be sticking. Short of pulling the carbs...again >:( is there any advice to get them working properly? I tired warming her up. Kinda scary when I open her up, hesitation..... then BOOM :o she goes! I thought I would work itself out. She's out of commission for now, until I get the inline fuel filter installed as well as the new petcock filter Lou sends me. I think I need some new plug cables, the boot spark plug end is loose on one. seem to be able to push it back in. Can you still get those from a dealer? 

Night Vision

you can try running some Tectron, seafoam, berrymans or some other carb cleaner.. let it work in and soak... tap carb bodies to jar a stuck float needle...

try snipping a little bit off the plug cable and screw the cap back on...

all easy cheap tries 
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Dempsey

I like the quick cheap fixes... problem with this little Vision, it never seems to be  :D. I will give it a shot Nightvision. Good looking out!
                                                      _-Dempsey-_

Tiger

Dempsey,
:).....Any decent motorcycle shop will sell you plug lead's and plug boot's/cap's. I think I paid about $15.00 to renew mine.....they don't last forever.....change them buddy and save yourself some grief.... ;)

8)       TIGER        8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Dempsey

I agree Tiger. Any job worth doing is worth doing right. I have to head over to the local shop anyway this weekend.
                      _-Dempsey-_

Superfly

Does not seem like a sticking float would cause that problem, Have you double checked your carb synch, and a fuel mixture adjustment?
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Lucky

yup, that's 'Vision Stumble" synq the carbs, adjust the pilots, & make sure everything else in the fuel sys {& vaccume) is good to go.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Dempsey

Any advise on adjusting the pilots? I am afraid my knowlege on these carbs is nill. Any advise or help would be huge! The sync. seems to be good viually. But im sure there is a better way of checking it. Thanks fellas!
                       _-dempsey-_