News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

OH THE CARNAGE! I CAN'T TAKE IT

Started by Mutt, October 09, 2006, 09:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutt

Here's the response....what do you guys think?

Hi, my original buy it now price was a lot higher, at $350. But I do really need to get rid of these parts, so i'll give it all to you for $150 if you can pick it up this weekend. Would you be coming on Saturday or Sunday? Please let me know your best estimate of when you think you'll be here, I have a work scedule we may have to work around. I will end the auction as soon as I get a response to comfirm you can deifnatly make it this weekend. Thanks, Matt.

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Night Vision

personally, I didn't see anything in the lot that I'd be interested in.

If there were three sets of TCI's, R&R's, relays, one fork brace and an 83 shock, then I would say HELL YEAH

I think you'll end up with triples of parts that don't get replaced very often or are not in demand.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

haunter

I could use a rear y-pipe and a set of rearsets(?) the part that holds the rear pegs and exhaust
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Mutt

Well, Ill be picking the parts up this weekend and bringing them home....all of them. I'll post pictures and list what's available after I get back so we can deal these parts out to whom ever needs them.

haunter

82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

ps2/bikevision

sorry haunter i forgot you wanted those. can still send them to you if you want.

h2olawyer

Thanks, Mutt!

I'll be wanting some of that haul.
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

There are a lot of good sellable part's...A set of engine guards/crash bar's, (2nd picture, right side), DaveTN...there is the plastic heat guard, goes between the rad and carb's, that you needed... ;), plus...body plastic's, glove/tool box's, (fits into the rear light...under seat), a front fender, etc, etc.
Not a bad deal Mutt... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

haunter

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Tiger on October 12, 2006, 07:23:29 AM
There are a lot of good sellable part's...A set of engine guards/crash bar's, (2nd picture, right side), DaveTN...there is the plastic heat guard, goes between the rad and carb's, that you needed... ;), plus...body plastic's, glove/tool box's, (fits into the rear light...under seat), a front fender, etc, etc.

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Thanks for noticing tiger!  I call dibs on the plastic heat shield and will contribute a few bucks and burgers for it. ;D

Thanks tiger and mutt

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Mutt

Quote from: DaveTN on October 12, 2006, 08:17:30 PM
Quote from: Tiger on October 12, 2006, 07:23:29 AM

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Thanks for noticing tiger!  I call dibs on the plastic heat shield and will contribute a few bucks and burgers for it. ;D

Thanks tiger and mutt

David

Umm...if it's your wife's burgers ok..if it's yours....please send bucks!  :D

Mutt

MotorPlow

Mutt, I will paypal you $20 toward your purchase.

If, by chance there is a starter in there somewhere, hold it for me.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: MotorPlow on October 13, 2006, 07:44:54 PM
Mutt, I will paypal you $20 toward your purchase.

If, by chance there is a starter in there somewhere, hold it for me.

I think I actually saw some starter parts in one of the pics.

David

Mutt

Well, I have just returned from St. Petersburg, Florida, land of the newly wed and the nearly dead! I forgot just how much I hated driving around that place. Too many red lights and old drivers for me.

Anyway, my truck sits in the driveway loaded down full of Vision carnage. Sometime tomorrow I will unload and see what we have exactly. Everything was packed in boxes with the exception of the frame and a couple of other parts. He had a gas tank there that I remember seeing on eBay recently. He said it's sold. Whoever bought it, I hope you didn't pay too much....that's all I got to say about that.

Long ride with a good find.

One tired....Mutt  :P

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

haunter

Mutt

You should have seen the look on my wife's face as I loaded all this stuff in the back. It completly filled up the back of the truck. The look on her face when we brought out the frame was very memorable. It didn't help things that we rode around for almost 2 hours looking for his house...knowing we had about a 10 hour ride once we got back to the interstate  :P. Mapquest let me down once again.  :-\  I think my wife is slowly forgiving me. At least we're still sleeping in the same room. That's a plus.

I'll start packing things up and moving them out this week. I'll go through the messages thus far and ask each person their addresses ect.

Night Vision

Quote from: Mutt on October 16, 2006, 10:43:12 PM
You should have seen the look on my wife's face......

that's a great idea for a new thread......

:D :D :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Hmmmm, with all the parts that you have now, you and tiger can merge into tiger-n-mutts (well that one sounds a bit funny) or mutt-n-tigers vision parts emporium international. ;D

David

Mutt

Quote from: DaveTN on October 17, 2006, 08:37:16 AM
Hmmmm, with all the parts that you have now, you and tiger can merge into tiger-n-mutts (well that one sounds a bit funny) or mutt-n-tigers vision parts emporium international. ;D

David

The only problem is my wife will be asking daily what I shipped today. She's convinced I'll be storing parts until we're put in an old folks home.

I was standing in the garage with my 8 year old this morning. He was looking over all the parts and the frame and he says "so Dad, how long is it going to take you to put this one together"? He was thinking I would put one together for him. Future riding partner for sure!  :) He don't know it yet but Santa has a nice surprise for him. It involves a helment and padding!  :P

Mutt