News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

stuck pilot screw

Started by o_0_hell_0_o, October 20, 2006, 02:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o_0_hell_0_o

I picked up what i believe to be an 82 carbs for 5 bucks at a local junk yard.. looks like the one on my bike..
I wouldnt know what an 83 looks like..
Figured... spare parts in case of whatever..
after cleaning off all the gunk and taking it apart.. i noticed the pilot screw on the rear carb is impossible to take out... really hard to turn and head almost stripped flat...can hear the brass squeak
is there a way to get it out for replacement?
some special kinda lube?
other than that... everything come clean and looks great.
Or is it now just a paperweight?
|~| ell

h2olawyer

Try soaking the stuck screw with PB Blaster.  I used to swear by liquid wrench until I found this stuff.  Either one works better than WD-40 for stuck fasteners.  If you can find Aero-Kroil, that works great as well.

The screw may just be binding with the o-ring seal.  That's probably the squeak you hear.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ProfessorRex

PB-Blaster is fantastic stuff, but BEWARE it STINKS!!! Wear rubber gloves!
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Lucky

if you can get it out (i know i can) i have a replacement for you.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

o_0_hell_0_o

I will give it a try...
Lucky... Love the sign... Where did ya get it??
Are they available??
|~| ell

Lucky

see the post elsewhere on the board titled "betcha don't have one of these" for the sign.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

Quote from: o_0_hell_0_o on October 21, 2006, 05:44:41 PM
I will give it a try...
Lucky... Love the sign... Where did ya get it??
Are they available??

Heres where I got it from.  Hint - you can right click on the picture and save it then print it out full size.  I printed one out to see how it would look in my garage before I bought one. ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-XZ550-Parking-Sign-Motorcycle-Sign_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ007QQitemZ170041126881QQrdZ1

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)