News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Starter oil seal/"o" ring.....$$$$$

Started by Tiger, October 26, 2006, 06:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) I went to a Yamaha dealer...I know, I know... ::) but I was after the "O" ring that sits on the outside of the starter body...(stops oil from leaking on your garage floor/driveway)...for the "new" Vision.
I had tried a few of my customer's but they all had the thicker ones in their stock room's.... ;) So, as I was telling you, off I went to a Yam' dealer

.......$14.50...EACH!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o
WOW, NO way am I paying that kind of money for an "O" ring... ::) So off I went to an industrial "O" ring supply company in Toronto and purchased 6 for.....LESS than $5.00 !!!
I have used this company many times over the year's for industrial and "TOY" ( snowmobile, motorcycle, etc) "O" ring purchases. They should be able to supply you with any "O" ring you need for most project's...especially your Vision.
BTW...for the local's, the company is Able "O" Ring...They are on Steeles Avenue, just East of Pine Valley/Fenmar Drive...ask for Brad or Roger.
Moral of the story...Think outside the box for thing's like "O" ring's, fuse holder's/fuses, relay's, etc, etc. Make use of your "Yellow page" directory, R.O.V. etc.....then let your ROV brother's and sister's know about it... ;D ;D ;D

p.s. I have a couple of spare's if anyone is desperate... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

zore

I could use one.  Let me know how much.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Mutt

Quote from: zore on October 26, 2006, 11:37:31 AM
I could use one.  Let me know how much.

I have a freebie if you'll private message me your address. PS2 had sent me an extra for free so I'll just be passing it on. All it will really cost you is your patience with the mail system.

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

zore

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Kevin

I played that game a couple of years ago, Yamaha said they were no longer avalible. They are 2mm x 42mm. If anyone needs one I have several also. 

Cdnlouie

Tiger,

Did you by any chance happen to get a square cut "O-ring" at Able, or were they round?  I am being particular I know, but if you found the square cut ones that is quite a find. I usually just fill the slot with a silicone seal or the black version of "Goop." It is a water seal against the elements so that does the job and looks real nice too.  Not authentic, but who is going to know!

Louie

Tiger

Quote from: canadianlouie on October 28, 2006, 11:42:32 AM
Tiger,

Did you by any chance happen to get a square cut "O-ring" at Able, or were they round?  I am being particular I know, but if you found the square cut ones that is quite a find. I usually just fill the slot with a silicone seal or the black version of "Goop." It is a water seal against the elements so that does the job and looks real nice too.  Not authentic, but who is going to know!

Louie
Hi Lou,
Only the standard round one, it never crossed my mind re the square cut... :-[
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!