News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Zore, how do you put both the jacket and pants on if they are zipper together?

Started by don_vanecek, November 08, 2006, 12:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don_vanecek

OK, so I have my new Joe Rocket pants, very nice, have only ridden three times with them so far (rode today however!). 

Now I still need to get the zipper in the back attached to my jacket and I'm thinking, just how am I going to zip that up behind my back?

I'm guessing I will zip them together and then put them on??

Interesting how between the Jacket and pants I have most likley spent well over 300 plus dollars and they don't even give you at least a small instruction book.

So Zore, how do I do this????

Thanks! 

zore

One leg at a time, just like the rest of you.  First, what Zore rocket jacket and pants did you buy?
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

don_vanecek

My Jacket is from Power Trip and the pants are the Joe Rocket Alter Ego. They seem to be a very nice product and I was perfectly warm riding to work the last two mornings at about 38 and 42 degrees (I can see however that if my ride was as long as yours, my gloves would eventually be an issue!).

So again I have not yet had the top half of the about 7 inch zipper from the Joe rocket pants sewed into my jacket yet but I have to wonder how does a guy zip that up from behind your back??

Perhaps a lesson for someone else on the disadvantage of mixing brands (seem too bad the Power Trip jacket does not have a zipper there already).

zore

I guess I've never given it much thought, I just reach back and zip it.  My Phoenix rags had the zipper stiched in already, and the Razor textile suit had a full zipper all around.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

don_vanecek

Thanks, I guess I'll see how this will work when I have the top half stiched in, hope our lady visionaries aren't laughing too loudly at me as I anticipate this problem!

kiawrench

normally, once you have a matching set of zippers, you zip everything together, then put on pants section first, then jacket(by putting both arms in sleeves and "shrugging "the jacket on)
  now ,this will be dependant on how the sew in zipper has been done- there should be 2 to three inches of slack in the zipper panel, to allow this to work right, if not , put on pants, then jacket, learn how to fasten zipper blind, behind your back. cant do it like ladies do some items, no way to put it on backwards then spin it around, lol .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

Quote from: kiawrench on November 09, 2006, 01:39:52 PM
cant do it like ladies do some items, no way to put it on backwards then spin it around, lol .

I like the trick they do, taking the bra off without removing the shirt..seen that one a few times  ;) 8)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

zore

I find the armer gets all jumbled when you zip it together then put it on.  It really is easy to do it after the fact.  If you can touch your hands behind your back, it's a piece of cake.  If you can't, you have other issues :)
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

kiawrench

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

don_vanecek

kiawrench

i can too,, but they still cant work a zipper behind my OWN back,,,, can't 'splain dat.

hfarley

all i have to say is I clicked on this post just to see how long it would take for it to turn into a whole different conversation. I must say I am very disappointed in you guys. LOL! Just kidding!!

I don't have that type of riding gear but was curious on how you would do that.
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

zore

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900