News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

End of Year Mileage

Started by MotorPlow, December 19, 2006, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Quote from: 67GTO on February 15, 2007, 08:37:54 AM
Mr. 67GTO is right, I don't need a Vision of my own...   There's this lovely red one in the garage!...

ROFL

Mrs. 67GTO

Another way of saying what's his is yours?!?   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

67GTO

What's hers is hers, what's mine is ours :)
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

MotorPlow

We are now up to 688,273.0 total odometer miles. This is going to be fun to see how many miles we collectively put on in a year....

Lucky

BUMP
Ok, half a year gone, Lets see where we are at:

I started at: 11,951.1
I'm now at 13,386.6

that gives me 1,435.5 to date.

that would average me out to 2,871 for the year (but i won't ride below 50ish, so it'll be less)
or 239.2 per month,
or 59.8 per week
or 8.5 per day (7 day week)
or 11.9 per day on a 5 day work week...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tanno

I bought my V on 6/2/07 with 10,755 miles on it.
Now, after starter and stator issues resolved, I'm now at 11,817 on the odo.

I ride, man... I ride regardless of weather.  ;D

Let's see:

1,062 miles in 29 days.  ;D (More is coming - now that all is well and good!) :)
That's:
265.5 miles every week,
or 36.6 miles per day (7 day week)
or 53.1 miles per day (5 day week)
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Night Vision

put her up after she clicked over 10k and 4k mile last year..

opener was beginning of May

so, as of this morning ..... 1653 miles in 60 days (I'll out around another 150 miles on today's ride)

roughly 206 miles a week
28 miles per seven day week
41 miles per five day week
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

hmmm. i wonder if my odo is off... it's 17 miles to work for me one way, i take the bike at least 4 days a week...

kiawrench

ok, i started december at 6385, have just at 12130 now , and 48 days of that i couldnt ride due to neck surgery/enhancement/parts swap .
i try my best to ride the darn bike out of existance, but the more i ride, the better it is getting!
i have actually ridden a set of tires off, and am close to running the second set to the dump!
2 long rides during spring bike rally to okracoke for pirate runs
3 trips to tail of the dragon
two trips to savanah
six trips to spartanburg
a trip or two to atlanta
ridden almost every work day possible ,even in rain

losses for the year- my trunk- broken into and lid ruined ,but nothing missing
set of led lights - went tits up when r/r failed ,
set of rear bulbs
throttle rocker- came up missing during bike week
two pairs of wayfarers
a pair of elkskin riding gloves
two sets of bike tires- worn out completely(really harsh road surfaces here )
5 oil changes and doing the 6th today
my oem petcock seals
a yics
and one , only one,  stator .

all in all, been a damn good year so far for riding in the beachfront of dixie !
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

Kia, when you come up to the Gap, you gotta call me or Dave, we are a stones throw!

zore

Not sure what my mileage is going to be on vision since I've been riding 3 bikes but I commute 130 miles a day 4 days a week.  I figure that's 260 miles a week if I ride it twice a week.  I'll probably end up with around 6000 miles on it for the year.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Aelwulf

I think I've put on around 150 or so the first week on the road.  I know 100 of that's been the past two days.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

kiawrench

Lucky, i always seem to end up there completely by accident! but will call next time through,or post a howdy in your e-mail .

if i manage to get this trade done , will definately be there soon on a shadow ACE 750-- isnt big, isnt a Vision, but guy says he will trade for a non running bonnie i still cant fix !
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

I sent a PM to MotorPlow when he requested the info.  My odometer showed 11,848.5 miles at the time.  Today, I have 12,944 miles.  Most of that was from the 25 year rides (about 700 miles).  Add in a 200 mile round trip to see inanecathode and about 200 miles of just playing around in the foothills close to Fort Collins.  I need to ride more but it's just been too damn hot lately!  Afternoon temps in the upper 90s & even to 100 a couple days.  I know - I'm a wimp when it comes to hot weather.  However, I enjoy riding even when the temps get down into the 40s, so Fall riding season can be fairly long for me.

The actual mileage on my V is about 500 miles less than indicated.  I replaced the 82 gauges a few years ago (@ 7300 miles) with an 83 setup.  It was in fantastic condition & showed only 500 more miles than my 82 odometer.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Aelwulf

About another 1,000 or so on mine since last post, hoping to hit the 20k mark before I go to California. :)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

dj

My numbers will be nothing compared to most of you as I only just got one of the bikes running a few weeks ago.  So far I have put about 50 miles on the bike doing test rides and 2 days of riding the bike to work.

She is running great so far.  A few things that I need to do to get her running better, but she is happy to be on the road again.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

taank

15321 when i got it this spring,, 16785 miles as of this morning

Tanno

With 11,817 on the odo back on June 30th. I'm now at 13,182 here on Aug 2nd. Another 32 days and 1,365 miles gone by. The V is only getting better. New shoes have arrived and GPS is due this afternoon! This is going to be a good weekend....regardless of weather. ;D
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Lucky

Quote from: Lucky on July 01, 2007, 01:26:48 AM
BUMP
Ok, half a year gone, Lets see where we are at:

I started at: 11,951.1
I'm now at 13,386.6

that gives me 1,435.5 to date.

that would average me out to 2,871 for the year (but i won't ride below 50ish, so it'll be less)
or 239.2 per month,
or 59.8 per week
or 8.5 per day (7 day week)
or 11.9 per day on a 5 day work week...

As of tonight (11/6/07) i'm at 15,560
that puts me at 3,605 so far (mostly back & fourth to work.)

guess that explanes why i only got a season out of my Supervenoms...

Rolle

Hi ther!
This is my endresult reading on my odometer for Year 2007:  58778,2 Km.
or in miles:36523,08021154480000 as the calculator Cybercalc v.2.1 put it.

For me in Sweden, the snow has arrived for the first time this season, it has melted away but there vill be more.......

For all of You who can be on two wheels the Year around HAVE FUN ;D

By the way, hasn`t ther been another post in this matter before?

Until next time on this Forum: Hapy Holliday`s  to You all

Roland........
Take care and be safe on the roads!

Rolle

"By the way, hasn`t ther been another post in this matter before?"

Now I knew!  It was here in the springtime, but what a memory I got :-[

Roland.............
Take care and be safe on the roads!