News:

Main Menu

End of Year Mileage

Started by MotorPlow, December 19, 2006, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

Quote36523,08021154480000

wow...that's like 4 trips from the earth to the sun...Those international Vision riders really get around!
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

dtknox

Another riding season is over.  I split the riding time between the Vision and a Ducati 750 Monster.

The Vision finished the season with 24,474 miles (2,685 miles this season). This is the third season with out any machanical problems.

Ride Safe and have a nice winter.

Dale

Vision 82
Ducati M750 97

MotorPlow

BUMP

It's getting closer to the end of the year. This is the list of screen names that I have recorded mileage for:

CoilXZCoyle
CoilXZCoyle
CoilXZCoyle
CoilXZCoyle
CoilXZCoyle
CoilXZCoyle
Riche
Nightvision
Nightvision
Nightvision
Supervision
Visionrising
dtknox
Zore
kwells
kwells
67GTO
Airplane Steve
Kiawrench
don_vanece
Tiger
Tiger
Tiger
MotorPlow
Lucky
GT@Oh
Sable
canadianlouie
Kenny
Kenny
Kenny
Rolle
Walt_M
Brian_Matthewson
DaveTN

(Multiple names mean multiple Visions)

If you put your bike up for the winter, send me the mileage when you do so I can record your "end mileage". If you don't store your bike, Send me the "End Mileage" as of December 31st, 2007. Three people have already sent their end mileage for a total of 8,951.0 Miles for 2007.

~MotorPlow

Night Vision

umm,

N_V
N_V
N_V

only has one runner and my brother's... Collectively, we have around 7500 miles, I'll give the finals in a week or two
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

hmmm kiss my wife at midnight 12/31, or look down to see the milage... tough choice..., lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

I'll let you know, motorplow,  Riding here slows in july and august ( I ride mostly at night , due to the heat) so our riding season is in its first 3rd.  I'll let you know how many kliks  I have by the end of Dec.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

MotorPlow

Well, This is what I gots for ya:

Smokebomb
Cherrybomb
Stinkbomb

Looking forward to the Miles Talleys.

Quote from: Night Vision on November 15, 2007, 08:56:06 PM
umm,

N_V
N_V
N_V

only has one runner and my brother's... Collectively, we have around 7500 miles, I'll give the finals in a week or two

zore

Do you want total mileage for all 3 bikes or just the vision?  I don't ride the V as much as I do the daytona.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

VisionMeister

I didn't get the starting odo readings but can give you a pretty accurate estimate if you would like to include it in your tallies.
Red 82 got about 4500 mi's (3,000 to Colorado for the meet).
Black 83 got about 500 mi's (ridden mainly as backup when 82 is down).
This is the most riding I've done in 20 years.

MotorPlow

Quote from: zore on November 16, 2007, 11:58:31 AM
Do you want total mileage for all 3 bikes or just the vision?  I don't ride the V as much as I do the daytona.

Zore,
I am just looking for the Vision. I am trying to total up the number of miles ridden on our Visions as a little project of mine...

Thanx,
MP

MotorPlow

We are up to 13,951 Miles for 2007. I'm gonna ride mine to work to add a few more miles to the odometer.

Of course, I can now use your Ending Odometer reading for your Beginning Odometer readings for 2008!

The program I set up automatically converts from Kilometers to Miles and back again. I just need to know if you are submitting odometer readings in Miles ot Kilometers, Thanx.

MotorPlow

VM,
I am going to need your actual Odometer Reading to plug into the program or it wont talley everything properly. Let me know what your end readings are. I will use your mileage and your end odometer readings to set the program with your beginning odometer readings.

Thanx,
Chris

Quote from: VisionMeister on November 16, 2007, 12:14:25 PM
I didn't get the starting odo readings but can give you a pretty accurate estimate if you would like to include it in your tallies.
Red 82 got about 4500 mi's (3,000 to Colorado for the meet).
Black 83 got about 500 mi's (ridden mainly as backup when 82 is down).
This is the most riding I've done in 20 years.

Extent

I'm sitting at 37,963, that probably makes for less than 400 miles this year  :'( .  Here's to hoping 08 turns out better, I usually manage between 4 and 7k.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

Night Vision

I think I'm pretty much done.... seems the only decent days now are Wednesdays and I have to work on Wednesday

SmokeBomb 14,667

StinkBomb 0 because StinkBomb and DeckBike are now melded into ProjectBike  (code name PoopDeck)

CherryBomb gets Wednesdays off so I'm not sure yet
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

I'm riding much later in the year than i ever have, in part because i have no choice. i have one van & 2 bikes.  my wife's work hours overlap mine, so i have to ride to work.  not that i'm complaining...  ;)

another reason is that if i were still in New England i'd have colder temps & poss snow by now. it's only dipped lower than 40 once so far.

third reason is i happen to have warmer gear than i ever have.  i'm still wearing my mesh GX Air jacket, but with a Sierra Sport raingear jacket over it, the mesh jacket becomes air pocket & keep me warm.  couple that with thermal underware, Carhart insulated (fully fleece lined) jeans, Chaps, Tourmaster boots, breath guard, new Balaclava & Tourmaster winter gloves (after almost losing my pinkies with my old gloves going to work the other day) i stay pretty toast warm.

i looked at heated grips, but it seemed to me that it's the outside (tops) of my hands, exposed to the wind that would need it more than the palms.  also, if i got the kind of grip with the heater built in, & one dies, i have to buy a new set, but the ones that go under the grip would have to heat thru the whole grip befor i felt anything.  gloves seemed a no brainer...

anyway, i'm gettin off topic, i'll let you know when i stop riding...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

I see my name isn't on the list - even though I did PM my starting mileage.   ???

Anyway, I did about 100 miles today - down to Longmont to meet kwells @ Boulder Bike Works.  He picked up his shortie handlebars.  While there, I noticed two more sets of low rise 83 bars, on 82 carcasses.  Temp was under 60 for the whole ride - cool, but not unpleasant.

Stopped at Left Hand Brewery for a barley pop & came on home.  Was dark when I got home, but it was a fine ride - even though it is pretty much a straight high speed drone down there & back.

Puts my current total mileage @ a tad under 14,500.  (approaching 3,000 for the year)  Hoping to get a ride in tomorrow - might be the last one of the year as we're supposed to get snow Monday.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

MotorPlow

Lucky,
The heated grips do heat the palm of your hand, but in combination with winter gloves, the heat permeates throughout the gloves keeping your whole hand warm. I would not be without my heated grips. One of the best upgrades to my bike. The heated grips and heated vest allowed me to ride home from work yesterday morning with an outside temperature of 27 Degrees F. My winter (below 40) gear: Long sleeve Shirt, Heated Vest, Mesh Joe Rocket Jacket, Winter Long Coat, Boots, Socks, Long Johns, Jeans, Helmet, Winter Gloves.

~MP

Quote from: Lucky on November 17, 2007, 10:08:13 PM
I'm riding much later in the year than i ever have, in part because i have no choice. i have one van & 2 bikes.  my wife's work hours overlap mine, so i have to ride to work.  not that i'm complaining...  ;)

another reason is that if i were still in New England i'd have colder temps & poss snow by now. it's only dipped lower than 40 once so far.

third reason is i happen to have warmer gear than i ever have.  i'm still wearing my mesh GX Air jacket, but with a Sierra Sport raingear jacket over it, the mesh jacket becomes air pocket & keep me warm.  couple that with thermal underware, Carhart insulated (fully fleece lined) jeans, Chaps, Tourmaster boots, breath guard, new Balaclava & Tourmaster winter gloves (after almost losing my pinkies with my old gloves going to work the other day) i stay pretty toast warm.

i looked at heated grips, but it seemed to me that it's the outside (tops) of my hands, exposed to the wind that would need it more than the palms.  also, if i got the kind of grip with the heater built in, & one dies, i have to buy a new set, but the ones that go under the grip would have to heat thru the whole grip befor i felt anything.  gloves seemed a no brainer...

anyway, i'm gettin off topic, i'll let you know when i stop riding...

--Lucky

Rick G

I had heated grips on an atv  and they were ok.  On my bike I have used  Hippo Hands,  for years , for those who done know them, I'm told  they were created by Craig Vetter . They cover the whole end of the handle bar and you put your hands them, gloves and all. The ones I have are  not Vetters, I don't think they still make them.  With my winter gloves  my hands will start to suffer in about 30 min.,  with them  I can ride till my feet can't take any more.  In april '04   I rode from Salem OR. to Port Townsend  WA. about 300 miles in what turned out to be a blinding downpour, the cars were leaving  enourmous bow wakes  and it was about 40 deg  still air temp , at 70 the wind chill was who knows?  I didn't  put on my rain pants  because there such a pita to get on, and suffered accordingly . but my hands were toasty even after 7 hours.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

Hippo Hands can be found on eBay.  They were a Vetter product & appear to still be very popular.  I saw a set go for over $100 last year.

I'm fine with my AlpineStar SP-1 armored gloves with thin glove liners until the temps get below about 45 (F).  For colder weather than that, I have a heavy pair of elkhide work gloves & some Smartwool liners.  Those have never failed to keep my hands warm - but I haven't been out in anything below 40 (F) in them yet on the bike.  They keep my hands warm while using the snowblower, though & that was for a couple hours @ 10 - 20 (F).  I retired them from snowblower duty because they tend to get pretty soaked - even with sno-seal or mink oil treatments.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

MotorPlow

Up to 26,448.0 Miles riden last year with only 8 bikes reporting. That's a 3,300 Mile average thus far with 2 bikes reporting zero miles.